1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Resist Satan

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

To resist satan we must humble ourselves, and submit to God. Crosswalk.com noted:

“Submitting to God means elevating his Word above our own desires, yielding ourselves to God’s revealed will in the Scriptures, and desperately calling to him in prayer to ask for “grace to help in time of need”

They also said that the devil can't overpower a person who is “submitting to and actively pursuing Jesus.”

They also make a great point regarding the armor of God passage:

“It is his strength (Ephesians 6:10) and his armor (Ephesians 6:11) that guards us against the devil’s fiery darts (Ephesians 6:16).”

We pray for his strength, we put on His armor, and we fight back with His Word.

Gotquestions.org noted:

“Using the Scriptures to expose Satan’s lies and temptations is the most effective way to strive against and defeat them. They continue: It is important to read the whole verse: “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). Resisting the devil must be accompanied by submitting to God. A disobedient or unsubmissive believer will not see victory.”

Solutions

Repent of our sinful desires. Consider praying:

“Father, help me to run from sinful pleasures. Teach me how to make You my pleasure.”

Second, put on the breastplate of righteousness. Consider praying:

“Father, show me how important it is to put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6). Help me to increase my fight against sin.”

Third, elevate His Word. Know it and quote it to satan.

Fourth, it is wise to yield ourselves to God's will.

Lastly, seek ye the Lord. I will repeat a sentence from above. The devil can't overpower a person who is “submitting to and actively pursuing Jesus.”

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I was talking to someone yesterday. They want to quit. I told them they needed to give up ______. They said, “I am not giving that up.” Everyone who can't quit either needs to give up something they are currently doing or/and start doing something that they currently are not doing. If you choose to ignore one of these things, you are not “desperate” to quit.

Second, many Christians fail to quit because they have wrong motives. The correct reason to quit is so that we can serve Christ. I had a very hard heart. It took me many years of praying:

“Father, help me to care about souls,” to finally start caring. I never knew that my “not caring” was keeping me in sin. I did suspect that my sin was keeping me from caring.

Third, some people fail to quit because they dip a bit in the occult.

Leviticus 19:31 ESV “Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.”

I avoid witchcraft like the plague. Some churchgoers sit back and dip a bit. Just say no.

Fourth, confess that hidden sin.

James 5:16 ESV Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”
    Fifth, obey the command to be baptized in water. It is hard to get free if you won't even obey that command. Even if you were baptized as an infant, consider doing it again as an adult.

Today, consider if one of these 5 hindrances is hindering you. If not, consider praying about what is:

“Father, help me to turn from lust, and show me why I can't quit.”

There are reasons why enslaved people stay enslaved. But God will reveal those reasons clearly if you keep on repenting, studying, and praying.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Satan says, “God will forgive you if you fall.” Satan told Annanias to lie to Peter and God will forgive you. Annanias believed him right until he died. Some of the Israelites decided to go into the wilderness to commit sexual sin. Satan told them, “God will forgive you.” They died that day.

Second, God forgives! When and who He forgives is His business. Consider praying:

“Father, teach me not to believe what satan says about sin.”

Training you to assume what God will do is one of satan's top 5 tricks. Note: I have no insight on what God will do.

Finally, when satan tells you that God will forgive you when you fall, consider telling him. “Get thee behind me satan, I plan to obey the command to “Work out my salvation with fear and trembling.“ Then study the Bible until you know how to do it.

For the full article click.