Respect

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Sometimes falls come from depression related to people troubles. Instead of arguing with people, it is wise to practice respect for their opinions.
    Is is possible that I am so right and they are so wrong about something? When I argue with them, is my degree of rightness so great that it is okay to make them feel bad?
    If we shove our opinions rudely down at someone, we probably don't get the results we want. They won't listen if we present our arguments wrong. Here are techniques for healthier discussions.
    Don't say, You are wrong. Don't say, I will prove this to you. Don't say, "No." Be subtle if you want to change their mind.
    Even if we disagree with someone, we "Always stay respectful." Respect shows that we care about their feelings. Don't interrupt. Stay calm and use kind words to share your opinion. Treat people with dignity and respect... No exceptions.
    People take everything personally, so give importance to a persons feelings and traditions. They are just as important as you are. Try to see it from their perspective. Be gentle with what they believe so you can enjoy your life.
    Conversations are not a promotional opportunity.
    Do I want to be treated respectfully?
    Make people feel important. Kindness is a conquering aspect of character.
    Try to say yes to some aspect of their beliefs (If possible).
    Who you are is often measured by how you make others feel.
    If we disrespect others, they will disrepect us. Then life gets bad and temptation gets big.
    When we love and respect others, temptations stay average. Plus, when life stays stable it is easier to stick to a well laid plan for quitting. Value respect for others. It makes life better and quitting easier.

oretna likes this.