1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ritual circumcision linked to increased risk of autism in young boys

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by IGY, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

I implied it in my first post but I guess the message didn't get across: realistically this study won't be getting much further attention. In fact it will probably be cited more times here in this thread than in subsequent literature.

2. IGY

IGY Guest

Well, I picked it up in an internet news feed earlier that day so that isn't the case. Secondly, I didn't understand your message anyway. For example, what are: "anti-circumcision hobby purposes"? :confused:

3. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Due to the journal it's published in, or specifically its impact factor, the paper is likely not to be cited much in the future, which is the definition of that metric.

It seems like attacking circumcision is somewhat of an occupation on your part, that's all I meant.

4. IGY

IGY Guest

OK, thanks monster_carrot. :) What's done is done, but I see no value in routine circumcision for almost all boys, e.g. in the Philippines.