1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Self Inflicted Loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by SpaceDust, Feb 23, 2024.

1. SpaceDust

SpaceDust Fapstronaut

I do not feel deserving of a partner because of this "habit" - this addiction.

I have felt this way for some time, but it felt most clearly earlier this week. I have not been clean from PMO at all - I hit a real binge after 4 days of sobriety from it and have really not tried to get back on track. My mind has been rampant with desire and want and thought for weeks now and I finally downloaded dating apps again in the hopes of filling the void - despite the state I am in.

For reference, I am not fond of dating apps - I find the idea of matching with people based on short quips and a couple photos incredibly off-putting, yet I still yearn for romantic contact that I give in.

I matched with a handful of people, went on a date with two, though there was one who is incredibly gorgeous, downright beautiful, though has the personality of a brick - lust tells me to go for it, to let her invite herself over as she wants, yet there is this barrier. I cannot be physically intimate. I will not - and the idea of being just that scares the shit out of me.

I feel like I am a terrible person - I am so incredibly scared of manipulating someone because I feel like I am worthless and a fraud based entirely because of this thing. I make sure I am abundantly honest in the hopes that they see the truth and realise "oh you're just the same" - yet they don't. I value you myself so little that the idea of me in a relationship seems impossible.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to type this kinda thought out - I just need to get it out of my mind.

again likes this.
  2. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

Realizing that you've done something wrong is half the battle. I praise God that you have come to realize that PMO is an empty thing. It gives you an adrenaline boost at first, but in the end it leads to despair (in my experience). I say go ahead with the dating app if that's your cup of tea. I personally wouldn't do that, but many people have found good partners by doing that.