1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Serious growth

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Phibz, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

I have often wondered about how I could "fix" my life. I quit smoking. Started working out. I was living healthier. But inside I was falling apart. I felt a void and loneliness inside. I had a damaged childhood with awful memories. And I wondered if that was the reason I felt the way I did. My childhood was perverse and I accepted my habit as part of that. And then I stumbled across this site. After 45 years of existence, I have finally come to understand that "void." And how to embrace it, instead of dreading it. I'm becoming comfortable with myself. I'm getting to know that curious, carefree 5 year old version of me, again. Getting back there has been anything but easy. But worth it...yes. I may be going to "soft" mode soon. I actually had a date last night. The old me would have been a nervous wreck. But I felt so in control. I felt so much better about my self worth. I felt like her equal. Not beneath her (as would have been the case before). I wasn't concerned about whether she'd like me or not. The experience was kind of a gauge for my growth. Something has definitely changed for the better in me. I felt compelled to post here today. This was concrete evidence for me. And I just hope this can inspire anyone who has doubts about what is further down this path.

2. wally_s

wally_s Fapstronaut

Very inspiring, @Phibz thank you for posting! Wish you all the best going forward!

Phibz likes this.
  3. programer

programer Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing this nice thread. Congratulations for Combating this Demon of PMO. It almost ruined my life but am back on track and more strong. Keep moving on to the finish line.

Phibz likes this.
  4. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Thank you, guys. I know Nofap isn't just about dating. But it was a good gauge of my progress. Sometimes I feel really good about myself, only to find out that my ego has played me again. I think this was a real-life test and I passed. She texted me today to let me know that she had a good time. I'm thinking that is a good sign. So hopefully a second date is in order. Thanks again for being here.

PotentLife likes this.
  5. PotentLife

PotentLife Fapstronaut

Super happy for you, Phibz. I really connected with the way you expressed yourself here. What you've described is what I've suffered and what I've had flashes of promise of having, and it's great to look to you knowing much, much more unabashed joy is possible. Keep up the excellent work!

Phibz likes this.
  6. sirfapstinence

sirfapstinence Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing this. It is a very pleasant and motivational read. I can almost feel the calmness in what you are trying to express.

Phibz likes this.
  7. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

I think life is alot like dating. It isn't about success or failure. It's about finding the courage to just show up, sometimes. I actually feel like I have something to offer another person, now. Couldnt have done it without my fans here. You have helped me to find something in me that I didnt know existed.

8. yousuff

yousuff Fapstronaut

Inspired!! Thank You.

Phibz likes this.
  9. Saber_tooth7

Saber_tooth7 Fapstronaut

Beautiful post. Keep it up :)

Phibz likes this.