1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sex talk

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Gotham Outlaw, Jan 28, 2018.

Did your parents talk to you about sex/masturbation?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. Gotham Outlaw

Gotham Outlaw Fapstronaut

I never got a sex talk or masturbation talk when I was a teenager and I feel like it might have played a part in my addiction. So I thought I would make a poll to see if this is more common than I thought. I'm not trying to say parents who don't talk to these things are bad parents. I'm only asking out of curiosity.

2. From my understanding they never did talk to me, I found out at an extremely early age about masturbation and that other stuff on my own. I'm not sure if the speech would if helped or not, because I never had it so, but I thought the "talk" was a common thing good parents were supposed to do? I can at least say that because I don't have amazing parents, specifically ny mum. lol

Gotham Outlaw likes this.
  3. RecoveringFapaholic

RecoveringFapaholic Fapstronaut

So far I'm the first to say "yes" in the poll. My dad talked to me about sex/masturbation when I was 15. He asked me if I knew what sex was and if I knew what terms and phrases like "jack/jerk off" and "blow job" meant. It was a few months before I started MO'ing actually. I'd seen P images before and I'd fantasize sometimes but I didn't M just yet. I didn't start PMO'ing until I was MO'ing regularly. I started nofap roughly a year after PMO began.

4. No I didn't get the talk. I don't think it would've made a difference. I did get the drug talk and that didn't keep me from using them.

5. If you mean the "talk" as in "the talk", then no. My parents usually like to respect my privacy. All other conversations about sex and masturbation came from questions we had.

EDIT: Oh, you know, I actually agree. I feel like if I knew masturbation was really bad if done too often at an earlier age, I would be clear of it now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2018
    Kizito.D and Gotham Outlaw like this.
  6. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Mine never did, I figured it out on my own.

7. Never had "the talk".
    I wish i did though.. Maybe things would have been different.

8. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

I never got the talk from my parents either. At most they told me "You better not have any kids or I'll kill you!".

9. Yooo.. you might be onto something. You think that played a role?

10. Gotham Outlaw

I don't know about everyone, but I think it might have for me.

SilentJay313 and Deleted Account like this.
  11. Same here

12. Never got the talk. Most I ever got was my father's lewd comments and jokes about playing with one's self...

Knighthawk likes this.
  13. Interesting...wonder how this poll will look with a larger sample size...seems like a possible correlation of NoFappers who didn't get "the talk" from our parents or guardians.
    Got most of my info on sex from explicit websites and media...learned from schools scare tactics wear a condom or get herpes and a baby. Like the drug scare talks realized they were oversimplified in so many ways went out to get my own lessons in risky behavior.

14. GeneralismoKilgore

GeneralismoKilgore Fapstronaut

My old man turned to me one day and said verbatim. "Kilgore, now that your getting older, your gonna find girls a lot more interesting, wear a condom, don't get anyone pregnant."

15. Gotham Outlaw

Did he at least tell you how they go on or did you find out later?

16. Sometimes parent can be so mean and funny at the same time..

17. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

The only thing I found funny about that was that i was tht i was the most disliked kid in school and none of the girls liked me so essentially what they said was worthless.

18. Sorry about that. How old were you back then

19. Keep in mind that getting “the talk” doesn’t automatically mean you would have gotten good advice. I know my dad would have given me horrible advice and probably the same for my mom. I consider myself better off than I had they talked to me.

20. Gotham Outlaw

While that's true I would think that even the bad advice has to be worth something.