1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

So simple yet so complex

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by samnf1990, Jul 29, 2017.

1. samnf1990

samnf1990 Fapstronaut

30 days in.

The easy secret to success: just don't PMO.

The hard truth: while the above is true, and a great thing to remember (ie that all you need to do in order to succeed is just to not pmo), it can also be incredibly difficult. Realigning your thought patters that tend to look for reasons or excuses to give in (everybody does it, what my SO doesn't know can't hurt them, just once can't hurt and I'll be rid of these urges), and instead strengthening your resolve when urges strike, takes time and sustained effort. If you have a partner, remind yourself that sex with them is better than sad, lonely M. If you are single, remind yourself how unappealing the chronic masturbator is to a potential partner, and remind yourself of everything you could be doing to make yourself more appealing and attractive to potential partners. The self-improvement will also be appreciated by a SO if you have one.

Another bit of motivation: my sex life is better now without P. My relationship with my wife is stronger and more communicative. My wife knows of my nofap journey and is the ultimate accountability partner. Disclosing my P use and my intention to quit for good has been an important step forward in my progress. The self-hatred, guilt and inner conflict that I felt for engaging in pmo whilst knowing my wife was hurt by it has been replaced by pride, strength and happiness in my successes. That is the sort of man who gets what he wants, not the sort of man who faps in front of a screen full of other people getting twisted and extreme versions of what he himself thinks he wants, whilst making no effort to live IRL the life that he ought to make for himself.

This site has been a huge help, especially being exposed to the thoughts and experiences of SO's, many of whom have had to deal with more extreme cases of PA in their own relationships. Their love and support for their partners is admirable, but I would never want to inflict the level of pain on my wife that some of them have endured.

P is an evil that I am glad to be rid of, no matter how tempted I may feel to return to it in my less lucid, weaker moments.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  2. Hermin

Hermin Fapstronaut

Try 500+ Days in First Try Challenge

samnf1990 likes this.