1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

social anxiety

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheCarver, Feb 17, 2024.

1. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

i was considering going into therapy again as i tried it awhile back with taking medication and i will never go back to pharmaceutical drugs with the side effects it causes. i ended things with the therapist as even the therapist couldn’t figure what was going on. suggested i get tested for either ADHD or autism, which was a long process, and i tested negative for both. only thing that they did tell me was that i had a intellectual disability which has pretty much nothing to do with what is going on with me now.

but yeah 27, have no friends, lonely, never had a single girlfriend besides people i wasn’t interested in, barely get any likes on no dating apps, dont get approached in real and vice versa i am unable to approach them, had my drivers license since october and i still don’t really know how to drive, dont know even know how to park correctly, and i pretty much have no desire to actually go outside and do anything as everything is boring to me. any ideas what i should do? it doesn’t also help that i live in the most boring city of toledo ohio.

and to add, i was on nofap 126 days broke my streak when i woke up with intense urges. is all progress lost with that or how many days does it set me back? i wasn’t getting no benefits however like increased confidence and decrease in social anxiety, so im guessing nofap isn’t for me

Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  2. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Maybe it isn't for ya, truly, idk. Even if I didn't feel a cut and dry psychological and physiological effect, which, for what it's worth, I do believe that beyond the placebo effect I do feel objectively more lively when abstaining from p., but regardless of that I also feel, well, just less guilty and shameful, which makes me more able to go out and participate fully in the world, doing the other things that make me feel objectively better.

I don't really have a strong ethical thing about morality, altho growing up in the Catholic church did some work on my subconscious... That being said, my honest opinion is that it's just... sad.. when that energy could be used to spend with other lonely peoples out there- Lord knows this century is chalk full of them at this point.

If ya don't mind me asking, and just shooting from the hip, what's one concrete step you could take toward a better life? Like, what's one sufficiently small step forward that would be toward a pretty sure good thing?

again likes this.
  3. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

dont know.

4. as someone over 2 years in, trust me it will get better. just trust the process, don’t relapse, the benefits will come in time. look into what a flatline is, be patient and have faith

no matter what, don’t relapse and keep working on yourself regardless of if things stay similar over the next few months. relapsing can only make you feel worse.

again and Embark39 like this.
  5. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

yeah i did start to get paranoid after my my relapse which was weird, guess it was just me being so disappointed in myself.

but everyone on this site including reddit is just telling me the benefits are bs anyways and its no magic pill. so what do you suggest i go another 90 days or seek therapy for my issues?

6. the benefits are real you just get used to them after and once you relapse you realize what you lost.

You need to do nofap as a bare minimum requirement. it should be the basis. it won’t fix all of your issues but without it your life will be a mess.

nofap is the foundation of the building, you still need to do lots of inner work alone on top of it. So do nofap and therapy!

7. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

Go nofap i have not found one person after 180 days who got social anxiety,

Its due neurotransmitters not due You.

8. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

I agree but 80% is neurological.
    20 is exercise eating right and let your body heal.

The increase in confidence is not because you're exercising its because the neurotransmitters getting balanced. When i relapse it comes back. When i go far into the reboot its gone.

9. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

was thinking about it but was like nah and decided not to. only thing im really mad about in life is not having a relationship. no therapist is going to help with that.

i would say it helps in extreme cases. people who are suicidal, maybe getting ptsd over a death, depression everyday.

other than that, just like nofap, therapy only works for some people.

10. TheCarver

TheCarver Fapstronaut

damn so if only i could of lasted another 2 months.

11. berylliumwages

berylliumwages Fapstronaut

*waves* Hello.