1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Social anxiety

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Flossy Carter, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Flossy Carter

Flossy Carter Fapstronaut

Hey everyone.
    I have social anxiety and I was wondering will it ever go away?
    It's seriously killing my social life.
    I was also pretty shy even before PMO since my childhood and kindergarten.

2. iHappy

iHappy Guest

@Flossy Carter I am not expert but I have read a lot of reports in the success section of the forum from the people saying that their social anxiety is gone.
    However, I wouldn't put so high expectations on NoFap, because it is with you for a very long time.

One thing is certain, NoFap increase your confidence and with the increased confidence you are better when interacting with people. So, with a that confidence boost you can definitely improve a lot in social situations and maybe even get rid of that anxiety.

Also, 30 days is not enough time for most of us to recover. Take a look at this https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/30-days-reality-check.73580/
    I am on 33 days and I far from the recovery, but there is hope and I am sure that things will improve in the future :)

3. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

Go do things where you are most likely see the same people on a consistent basis. After a while everyone gets comfortable with each other. I am the same way. But after two or three visits the anxiety will dissipate.

iHappy likes this.
  4. iHappy

iHappy Guest

Yes, that is called exposure therapy. But I doubt that social anxiety will go on it's own just because he has stopped PMO.
    NoFap gives up boost but we have to put some effort.

5. iHappy

iHappy Guest

6. Flossy Carter

Flossy Carter Fapstronaut

Thanks guys
    I'll check them out after I get home

7. Ikindaknew

Ikindaknew Fapstronaut

Carter, masturbation to orgasm is known to cause social anxiety in some people...so stopping the behavior will help in all cases.

Also, some authors link mood swings as a cause of chemical imbalance in the brain after orgasms....

8. GSarosi

GSarosi Guest

Actually orgasms are amazing. Just not the solo kind. There is the need of the power of touch thrown into the mix. In other words you need another person involved. Or two. Haha. There is a powerful invigorating affect with touch. We all need it but never spoken about.

PMO has an instant gratifying but imploding affect I have come to learn. Gives you that calm temporary fix but it is destructive in a subtle sense. You get lazy and you disconnect. Also you don't need and want to go out and explore/discover and to connect with others.

If you guys are in your teens and 20s get rid of this NOW and resolve this ASAP. Don't let your hormones and natural tendencies to weaken and disrupt you.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2016
  9. Thrices

Thrices Fapstronaut

hi i have it too, i read some books on it ,and i sure has helped me a lot and lot.i recommend overcoming social anxiety and shyness by gillian butler,it helps.but keep in mind.we are the way we are,i was shy from birth too.ihv become more open,but i can if i want to after reading the book,i live in india and its very difficult here,im sure you live in better country and get hold of it.get the book its good.