1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Someone please tell me what to do when heavy urges comes

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Deleted Account, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Although I can control small urges, but whenever those heavy urges arrives, I get numb, try push-ups, washing my face with chilled water..... But at the end relapse.
    Plz tell me something to use when these heavy urges arrive, I have also tried those site blockers but they don't work for me.

Please help me to get Out of this problem

you_can_UK likes this.
  2. 1 year goal

1 year goal New Fapstronaut

1st of all please select a goal like 90 days 100days and whatever you want to choose and you have to stick on that and urges are common so whenever urges comes please go away from your phone, give your phone to your brother or sister or friends for atleast 1 hour or you are alone then immediately call your friends and start conversation with them and or just start thinking about ur goal which you have choosen about nofap or start thinking about success people of nofap.

3. I have found that when urges hit me, I need to do something to distract my mind and it has to involve no screens (i.e. computer, tablet, phone). I'll do one of the following:
    1. read a book
    2. clean the house
    3. go for a walk
    4. call someone on the phone (be careful with this one because you'll still have your phone in your hand)
    The key for me is to do something to distract my mind for 10-15 minutes and the urge will pass

4. it may help to play some games, some suck you in the virtual world (the matrix?) so you forget all about around you. But most important is that is distracting your mind.

Peaceful magic 21 likes this.
  5. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Cold shower, urge surfing

Kanat, muhagg, you_can_UK and 2 others like this.
  6. Spoonman78

Spoonman78 New Fapstronaut

I've found that a panic button app on my phone helps. When I get a really strong urge I can hit the panic button and it covers my phone's screen for an hour so I can't use it.

7. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Peaceful magic 21 and ZuraDa like this.
  8. Go treat your self to a nice meal then go to the book store find a book to read that’s something your really interested in.
    If you do this you’ll feel so good about yourself, on the other hand think about if you lose control and give in the remorse
    you’ll feel, and buddy for what a short moment of pleasure. Or go meet friends get the hell out of the house.

9. If it’s late get in your car crank some tunes
    if you don’t drive go out and walk explore
    buddy you got this.

10. Wim hof method is great. Do breathing exercises for 20 minutes, and you will feel entirely different after. And cold showers but only if you do them right. Stay under there for awhile, breathe deep, and stimulate the vagus nerve. So stay all the way under get it on your head, neck, and shoulders. Eventually you'll love the cold and forget whatever you're feeling.

The best thing would be to have someone to call in these situations. Keeping it secret makes it tough. Private message me if you want an accountability partner to prevent relapses in the future.

you_can_UK and Peaceful magic 21 like this.
  11. LuxoSierra

LuxoSierra Fapstronaut

One thing that is good. It's to say something like "i nees to do this first" and start looking for tasks that you left for later, specially if it is something that force you to go outside and away from your comfort zone

you_can_UK likes this.
  12. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Well, the strong urge first comes with a small thought. Then the thought grows and you keep thinking about it, and this produces a strong urge.

So try and never get a strong urge. As soon as a sexual thought comes, stop thinking about it

13. Wave tamer

Wave tamer Fapstronaut

I use bull guard for windows, and then get a friend to hold me accountable by setting up screen time pin - content restrictions on. That’s on I phone. This stops any “quick glances at a weak moment”

Kanat, recoome and you_can_UK like this.