1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed dating

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by onix, Oct 27, 2021.

1. onix

onix Fapstronaut

Has anyone ever tried speed dating?

I have thought about it in the past (and still do) bit unsure.

Sometimes I think its not worth it because of nofap but at the same time it maybe nice to actually meet people and get a little experience.

What do you think?

2. onix

onix Fapstronaut

It's a event where you speak to the opposite sex for about 5 minutes at a time.

You might find that someone or make new friends or nothing ar all.

Akbarmagnus likes this.
  3. I did it one time many years ago. It was okay. The way the event was organized is you would check off if you liked the women and they would check off if they liked you. If you matched you received their contact info. There were a few ladies I liked but they did not like me so I never heard from them. It was an interesting experience and glad I did it. I have thought about doing it again over the years but never found one close to me for my age group.

4. I'll have to try one of them the next time I get drunk lmao

5. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

I went once with my friends. It was okay, I was nervous af beforehand but I think everyone is. I had some interesting convos and also some that were shallow and boring but there is always going to be people whose company one enjoys and does not. I got a few matches but did not do too much about them since I had a girl that I was talking to who I wanted to date at that moment of time.

6. Darkest

Darkest Fapstronaut

Wot

7. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

I went maybe 5 times, last was about 2 years ago I think.. IMO a bit of a time waster unless you are:

a) looking to break out into the dating scene for experience
    b) looking for someone srs to settle

For some reason i will never know, i matched with less women each consecutive time haha

And then i lost interest, because i could just tell many women were looking to give up the 'party life' and find 'mr husband' - which is cool, but i'm not done with my own learning experiences yet lol

To be honest, i would rather find 'the one' in she grocery store, or work connection, or library - but never say never!