1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Spending this weekend off social networks

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by UncleBarnacle, Jun 26, 2021.

1. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

I'm giving it a go.

I'll see you Monday.

Got too many productive things to do.

*Finish my book proposal and send it off to editor - I finished it yesterday after a year, and now it's finally ready. Just got to go over it one more time, brush up.
    *Take a nice long bike ride - it's a beautiful day
    *Record as many acoustic guitar tracks as I can for an upcoming EP, while my noisy neighbor is out of town.
    *See if Sarah wants to go for a ride in my new Jeep
    *New sneakers
    *Perhaps the movies tonight.
    *Shoot some photos
    *Eat some nice bar-b-cue chicken I have in the fridge, with cole slaw and broccoli salad.
    *Enjoy the quiet of the weekend
    *Finish this unbelievable graphic novel version of "To Kill A Mockingbird."
    *Get back to that flaky but lovely Slovak girl I met two days ago at the pool, and see if I can get her to nail down a time for our first English lesson.

That should keep me busy!

Oh, and one more thing.

I use Yahoo to get alerts if one of my webmodel friends I correspond with answers my latest missive. If I see an alert, I HAVE to go check the message. Today I will also stay off Yahoo.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    CAKCy, Struffy and MaxEvans like this.
  2. UncleBarnacle

PS "Staying off social networks" doesn't include NoFap. I don't consider NoFap a social network!

CAKCy and D_rax like this.
  3. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

I wasn't here... How did it go? Did you have any news about the book? Did Sarah say yes to the ride?

Come on man! A progress step of one of us is a progress step for the whole fucking community!

BoraxKarloff and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  4. UncleBarnacle

Wow, this went up a long time ago, forgot about it!

Book proposal completed, it's now at the editor, after which it will go to the agent.

Big relief...

Sarah texted me on Sat. saying she passed my house and thought of me. A cooincidence, I told her, as I was just thinking about her. She asked if I was doing anything for the 4th. I had no plans. She said if she had a moment, she would like to see me, but she has four children, the youngest of which is 7, so it's tough for her.

4th came and went, I spent it by myself, went up to the mountains and shot some cans and bottles, then went looking for fireworks. Found none.

Now I am just trying to stay awake. I don't sleep. Maybe 2 hours last night. I just went for a 3.5 mile walk to wake up the body, and try to stay awake all day with no naps so I can (possibly) sleep through the night - what a concept! Like while I'm typing this, it's 10:38 AM and I can barely keep my eyes open, want to put the laptop down and go to sleep on the floor.

But I shall press on. I shall make my 10-point gratitude list, then carry on.

A friend I was mentoring for about three years, trying to help her get back on her feet, was arrested (again) for a bunch of felonies over the weekend. Angry about that. Terrible blackout drunk, does terrible things when she drinks, should not drink at all. Intelligent, creative, deep, poetic. Her texts are poetry. She's not sort of a street person - she's a person who, with the right help, could get on her feet, become employed, get a place to live, have a life.

Took her to an AA meeting about two years ago, it didn't stick. I did come home last winter one day to a dozen roses and a box of chocolates outside my door. That was a nice thank-you.

She was hit by a truck last October in a parking lot and lost all her front teeth and broke her pelvis, but lived. Attempted murder - a spurned suitor, apparently. I nursed her back to relative health and clarity.

And now this. What I want to know is how a person who uses a walker gets arrested for assault, resisting arrest and such.

"Never a dull moment."

5. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

Wow! Never a dull moment for sure!

Glad about the book! (Giving me ideas that I was afraid to consider).

Glad about Sarah! Do you like her? How about the idea of becoming a step-father of 4(?) children? (I know, I'm going too fast but that's me)

I suffer from insomnia too. What worked for me was making myself tired through the day and doing something boring close to bed time.

I'm sorry about your friend. She sounds like a very interesting person that could become a life project. She is definitely worth saving!

No comment about the arrest. Sometimes the police have a weird sense of carrying out their duties....

6. UncleBarnacle

She's been arrested 5 times. Trust me, it's not that "the police have a weird sense of carrying out their duties." ;)

One time she showed up with a black eye the size of my fist. Had no idea how she got it.

Another time i got a call from the fire department the next town over. The guy said "We have a woman here with no ID, no keys, no phone, nothing except your phone number. Can you come and get her?"
    "Is she sober?"
    "I don't think so."
    "I'll be right there."

Took her to get her something to eat before driving her back to her Mom's house. In the parking lot, she came into my arms, and, oh, my God. Just completely turned on. She is a tiny little fighter. I knew I should NOT, repeat, NOT bring her to my house, as much fun as it would have been. I took her to her mother's. Then she went to Florida to stay with her father, and to rehab, thank god. We wrote each other from rehab.

Then one day I'm at Dollar Store and - there she is at the register! She came right over and into my arms and...wow.

Then, the truck.
    Then, the recovery and the flowers.
    Now, the arrest.

Sarah is not for me, nor her kids. She's a pal I had a dinner date with a few weeks ago. We're each not the others' type. She likes big black dudes. I am neither big, nor black. We like each other. She owns a bar I played at maybe a hundred times in the last 4 years. I like her, she likes me, but hold on, Charlie, you know?

Thanks for the interest!

CAKCy likes this.
  7. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

BoraxKarloff you are a true gentleman! My respect!

It's a shame your friend relapsed. It's really awful when people go through all the trouble in the world to get over their addiction and then, usually because of external factors and stress, go back to square one.

My bad. I misunderstood about Sarah. I thought you were kind of into each other with "thinking about each other" and texting and stuff.

BoraxKarloff likes this.
  8. Kung_fu_panda_

Kung_fu_panda_ Fapstronaut

Is Botax Your real name?

9. UncleBarnacle

I am changing it from Borax to Botax

ReVera III, CAKCy and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  10. Kung_fu_panda_

Why? Borax is a good compound ( in chemistry).... And also very useful....

11. UncleBarnacle

Botax, I say.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    ReVera III and CAKCy like this.
  12. UncleBarnacle

The charges - I haven't gone to see her yet, but it sounds like she got yanked over while drunk with an open container in the car and...away we go.

Arrested for: 1611205 - PROBATION REVOCATION
    Bail: $2,500.00
    Arrested for: 1891165 - VEHICULAR ELUDING
    Bail: $3,000.00
    Arrested for: 188610 - TAMPERING WITH PHYSICAL EVIDEN
    Arrested for: 42413011A - DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE
    Arrested for: 188103 - RESISTING ARREST
    Arrested for: 1881041A - OBSTRUCTING A PEACE OFFICER/FI
    Arrested for: 4241305 - POSSESS OPEN ALCOHOL BEVERAGE
    Arrested for: 4241409 - NO PROOF OF INSURANCE
    Arrested for: 1868035 - VIOLATION OF A RESTRAINING ORD
    Arrested for: 1882122 - VIOLATION BAIL BOND CONDITIONS
    Arrested for: 4221011 - DRIVERS LICENSE-DRIVING W/OUT
    Arrested for: 4241401 - RECKLESS DRIVING
    Arrested for: 424603 - FAILED TO OBSERVE/DISREGARDED

13. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

14. Kung_fu_panda_

What is this?

15. UncleBarnacle

My name is Botax

ReVera III and CAKCy like this.
  16. UncleBarnacle

She texted, this morning: "Wanna go paddle boarding? It's so fun. I have two."

I said "I will make time for you." I have no kids, she has 100, or whoever many she has.

I've never paddle boarded, nor have I ever worn a pair of skiis, or golfed.

"Different is good."

BO-WAX

CAKCy likes this.
  17. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

Bomax do make time for her! It may be scary, especially because of her children but companionship is so much better than loneliness!

You never know. You may like different....AND paddle boarding.... AND her kids! ;)

PS. Wear a helmet.... I think! :)

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  18. UncleBarnacle

Meeting with the Mom of the friend who got arrested, tomorrow. Why? Because Mom doesn't want to talk about her daughter on social networks, or the phone. I will hear details, what the status is - I think she is still in the hoosegow - and catch up. Mom is, I should mention, absolutely out of her skull, not very centered, all-over-the-place and a tendency to freak out.

We'll meet in public, therefore. I have to know what happened to H.

And because of the drama of it, me being a writer and wishing to know as many interesting and wacky people as possible. This would include jailbirds, preacher's daughters, prostitutes, musicians/bums (same thing ha) police officers, dog walkers, heiresses, and nuns. I actually met 5 nuns in Pasadena last year right before Covid hit. I have the selfie! "Gather round, holy ladies, please let me get a picture with you!"

Turned out they were satanic nuns, with upside-down crosses on their persons. Me not being Christian, I missed it. Others who are said, "Dude, you couldn't tell straight off that they were phoney-baloney?" Nope.

I am interested in the ragged, the beaten-down, the very young or the very old, the helpless, the hard workers, the scramblers, the nuts.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    CAKCy and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  19. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

You are a good man Bolax. All over the place but a good man!

20. CAKCy

CAKCy Fapstronaut

I like the peace of a little life, with little thoughts, saying little things... I've done all my superhero shit in the past. Now I need peace and quiet.

No offense taken! ;)

BoraxKarloff likes this.