SR and Pheromones

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Sleeperhead, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Sleeperhead

Sleeperhead Fapstronaut

I just wanna share some interesting thoughts on pheromones and nofap/SR.

What are pheromones? They are a chemical scent that is released through the sweat glands. It's kinda like an imprint of your DNA, so everyone has unique pheromones. They are quite complex, but one of the things they can do or are theorised to do in humans is cause sexual arousal in the opposite sex. It all comes down to genetic compatibility and health, which they signal.

One thing I have noticed is that the further I go into a streak on nofap/SR the greater my sensitivity to smells. Like whenever a woman enters the room her perfume is utterly nauseating, I can often smell someone coming before I see them, or I can smell where they have been. One time I had to tell this girl off because my sensitivity to smells got so strong and this girlie constantly put too much perfume on, I could literally smell her a mile away.

There was this girl that I used to work with and we had a little fling that didn't go that far, anyway she had this really distinct smell that I could always smell when she was around. It wasn't perfume because sometimes she would wear perfume. It kinda smelt like fabric softener, it was either her deodorant or maybe just her natural smell. I remember coming close to her one time, I didn't say anything, but I could sense her and she could sense me, then she left and I caught a huge wave of her smell where she was standing, it was really quite strong. It's very interesting was she sweating because I was around? haha.

Another thing that I have noticed, if I have been struggling with urges, or just thinking about sex then I start to smell bad. Like I am aroused so my body dumps a load of these pheromones out, and they go off once they oxidise. 9/10 times I think a girl would think you smell bad, but that 1/10 time she is ovulating and might be more receptive to it.

There is definitely something to pheromones on nofap. I think it comes down to fertility, you keep your sperm cells, they build up and you become more sensitive to smells, and the smell that you produce changes also, but this is just one component of the attraction such as subtle appearance changes, changes in voice, demeanor, etc.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  2. i notice this too