SR and the gym

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Beekind, Jul 7, 2023.

1. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

I am on day 25 of sr.
    The last week i felt very weak in the gym.
    Not sure why.
    Is it a flatline?
    Mood wise i feel amazing.

mashedpotatoes likes this.
  2. nomo

nomo Fapstronaut

It's my opinion that SR has little to do with anything in the gym except the psychological belief that you think SR will help you in the gym.
    For me, the amount of sleep I get, the food I eat, the stress I'm having all effect how I perform in the gym. I'm sure there are plenty of muscle beast in the gym who are not practicing SR and they are having O's everyday.
    Good luck, and do what works for you, that's the best way to do anything in life.

Wayne Kest and NewJohnQ like this.
  3. Rock Hard Faith

Rock Hard Faith Fapstronaut

For me sr and abstinence definitely gives me a definite boost in strength and stamina which contributes to muscle building, fat loss (by craving healthy eating and hydration), and becoming increasingly stronger. It becomes harder to bring myself to the point of exhaustion while exercising which is great! I think what you might be encountering is that you have worked your body to a point of exhaustion that your body is telling you that it needs time to rest and rebuild, all without you fully realizing that your body has become as exhausted it has due to this new found strength and stamina.. I know from personal experience in transmuting my sexual energy to body strengthening is that it really works and it is in my opinion to dramatic to be in no way a psychological effect only.

When I slip up and give in to the urge, losing sight of my end goal, my strength is utterly zapped and I am suddenly very tired and unmotivated. I hate myself for weakening and giving in, knowing that the process has to start all over. Thankfully I remember how much better it was before I gave in and it isn't as difficult to decide to get back in the ring and fight as when in the past I was only half heartedly trying to overcome hoping the urge would some day just go away. But I have since learned it doesn't work that way. Now I am starting to thank God He created me with strong urges because I know this sexual energy is to be used for good; to motivate me and empower me to be a grand vessel for God's glory, and not to be just tossed away making me a weak and self centered sinner who only lives for opportunities to indulge in masturbation and orgasm; a person who never matures and transforms into a real, responsible adult.

Warrior4Freedom likes this.
  4. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

The question isn't about whether sr gives u an edge in the gym.
    The question was whether i am going through a flatline.

Rock Hard Faith likes this.
  5. Rock Hard Faith

I did suggest that maybe your body just needs a rest. But it could be a flatline. Time will tell.

Beekind likes this.
  6. Rock Hard Faith

Btw are you feeling any stronger since you first posted this? Have you added more days to your sr streak? I'm praying for you bro.

Beekind likes this.
  7. Beekind

Beekind Fapstronaut

I am still going even though yesterday was a very tough day ( very strong urges).
    Still no energy in the gym.
    Today is day 29.

8. Yes I Can Man

Yes I Can Man Fapstronaut

It does help a little but it’s mainly sleep, pre workout supplement, high protein and just overall optimal diet.

9. Magic Bullets

Magic Bullets Fapstronaut

It is a combination of all of the above. Adding Cold showers or some form of cold therapy is another vital ingredient. SR does help a lot, in terms of focus and being able to channel your aggression towards your training.

Yes I Can Man likes this.
  10. Magic Bullets

Magic Bullets Fapstronaut