1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Starting a month-by-month resolution

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by barbamunk, Jan 2, 2020.

1. barbamunk

barbamunk New Fapstronaut

Hi all. I'm a 20-year-old male in college, and I've been obsessively PMO-ing for probably about 10 years, but really, just about as long as I can remember. At this point I want to get some actual self-discipline going here.

I've decided to stop because it's been affecting my life negatively in multiple ways:
    - I am always in pain. Constant death gripping is causing me a lot of damage, but that alone hasn't been enough to stop me in the past.
    - I am hurting my mental state. A recent battle with depression has revealed to me that I subconsciously feel morally depraved when I PMO, likely having to do with my source material. (Before then I didn't think I was giving it a second thought.)
    - I am threatening my career. I took regular half-hour "bathroom breaks" during my internship this past semester, sometimes up to 3 a day. My coworkers probably noticed.
    - I am putting myself at a disadvantage in my relationship. I've been with my SO for 6 years now, but I'm deep in the realm of supernormal stimuli and I get PIED.

I just admitted to my SO a couple months ago about this after years of keeping it secret. Fortunately for me she's getting a psychology degree, so she could understand the addictive and impulsive aspect to this, and she's being really supportive.

I found this site through some off-and-on research and I have high hopes it'll help. I'm going to start off with the monthly challenges and see what level I want to commit to from month to month. Thank you all for building a community like this, and I'm looking forward to the journey!