1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling newb

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Pdxheal, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Pdxheal

Pdxheal New Fapstronaut

I cant remember the last time I didn't use PMO for high degree of stressful situations in my life or perceived stress. My family didn't exhibit a lot of touching or feeling, I'm sure its part of that, and I struggled with real human connections, and intimacy. I used it as a crutch in my first real relationship, my second, and now in my marriage.
    I feel hugely embarrassed, and I have justified it by saying its "stress relief".
    There is only one issue with this, at times of anxiety, I use that as means to get the 'hit' I need. Then I tend to sleep which wastes the time away, and I feel great deal of panic.
    I have also started using it as means of anger management. Instead of dealing with the panic state that my wife can put me under in her own state of anxiety, I will use it as a means of dealing with the stress. The other is I travel a lot, my mind starts racing about people in other rooms as well perhaps having healthy sex, and I turn to it.

I am at a loss presently to take control of my life and get shit done instead of just turning to PMO. I feel pretty depressed right about now.

2. Romero19

Romero19 Fapstronaut

I hear you. Makes sense to me man. This shit is so so addictive and powerful. I had nearly 2 weeks, then relapsed. Then I had a few days, and just a few hours ago I relapsed. It's fucked up. But, thankfully, for this hour, I'm free. And I'm thankful for that.

3. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome @Pdxheal, I'm glad you're here. I think I know what that low feeling is like (although I am not claiming to know what depression is like in the strict sense, if that's what you mean). All I can say is that it can and does get better.

If I can help, please don't hesitate to ask me anything.