Temptation

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

I'm here right now as I am having an overwhelming desire to look at P&M. But instead I'm trying to write about this desire and stop it before it becomes a reality! I don't want to succumb to this fleshly desire but to overcome it with Jesus’ help:

“Behold me, O my God, at Your feet! I do not deserve mercy, but O my Redeemer, the blood which You have shed for me encourages me and obliges me to hope for it. How often I have offended You, repented, and yet have I again fallen into the same sin. O my God, I wish to amend, and in order to be faithful to You, I will place all my confidence in You. I will, whenever I am tempted, instantly have recourse to You. Until now, I have trusted in my own promises and resolutions and have neglected to recommend myself to You in my temptations. This has been the cause of my repeated failures. From this day forward, be You, O Lord, my strength, and thus shall I be able to do all things, for “I can do all things in Him who strengthens me.” Amen.

2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Stay strong brother. Thank you for sharing your prayer and reminding us all to pray for you. You have been a help to me in staying free from this sin, I hope I can be a help to you. Your freedom is important to me.

Pardon me for telling you what you already know. In the immediate term, get up and get away from this situation of intense temptation. Take a cold shower, go for a long walk or a run. Go sit in a church with your rosary. Go to a public place and buy a coffee. Lock up your electronic device in a safe and give someone the key. Whatever it takes!

Be encouraged. Getting through these intense episodes will help build your resistance and in time the intensity of temptations will decrease immensely. This can be a pivotal event for you. I am praying you get through it safely.

Mts209 likes this.
  3. Mts209

Mts209 Fapstronaut

@CPilot, thank you for your words of encouragement. As usual, I always find your posts enlightening and encouraging. I'm more than grateful to the Lord, Jesus Christ along with our Virgin Mother, Mary kept me in their Graces.

Again thank you and have a blessed Friday.
    Mark

CPilot likes this.