1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you to everyone here

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Shazbut01, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Shazbut01

Shazbut01 New Fapstronaut

Hi everyone.

I just joined specifically to thank those responsible for this site and forum and for all the people here working hard to come into a harmonious and empowered relationship with their sex drives

You may not feel like you're doing this for anyone but yourself but somehow I get the impression that your efforts help us all. From my own experience, as my sexual addiction continues to heal, it's only been making me more empowered and happy.

There have been difficult times though and for many years I was afraid that if I stopped relating to sex as I did, then my sex drive would disappear entirely. As if the only two choices were a relationship to sex that was essentially that of an addict – as a psychological "need" – or total celibacy. I suspect this runs deep in many people and it seems in our culture, it is taken as a given that "sex" = "psychological desire".

I'm happy to say it hasn't worked out that way so far. I have little lust in my system at this point and only ejaculate because I suspect it's healthier to do so, but the sexual function is still just as there as before. It seems to be as natural as, for example, the act of salivating when you smell food and feel hungry. That being a very different thing from the compulsive desire to eat.

I don't know the particular ways that you're all working with your sex drives but I'd like to recommend a meditation practice. I got into spirituality many years ago and nothing I know has been better for rewiring the body and mind into better and happier configurations. Do read The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle if you haven't. It may trigger something in you.

Regardless, I hope we all free ourselves totally from psychological sexuality and are able to be truly independent people, free to engage sexually with those we truly like and love, and live lives of ever increasing happiness, self-assurance, love and power.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you to everyone on this forum. It's an act of real self-love to engage in this quest. What else could it be?

2. So sweet thank you for saying this : )

if you would like to join us feel free!

3. Wow, very inspiring! Keep it up!!