1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to NoFap Already

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TNE, Jan 25, 2018.

1. TNE

TNE Fapstronaut

Thank God for NoFap. I've come to learn that one of my MAIN triggers is loneliness. I have no one to talk to about this. This is my deepest issue and I have no one to talk to about it! I finally feel like I have a safe space to talk it out. Maybe that's all I need right now to move forward in my life.

I know down the road that I'll need counseling or therapy. I grew up in a weird twisted way and I have no one to blame for it. It is just the hand I was dealt. My single mother, my god-father/father figure, and everyone else around me have done nothing but shower me with praise and affections. I appreciate them for that but it makes it extremely hard to emote myself except in times of crisis.
    They all have their own lives and issues and now I am an adult. That pressure has led to anxiety and that anxiety ends up combining with my thoughts coercing me to run back to PMO.

Now that I can talk about it I don't feel as lost or conflicted. I had a million voices going through my head at once and now I have a steady stream of flowing thoughts because I'm actually putting EFFORT into thinking instead of constantly chasing my tail all day.

Nothing from this point will be easy. I am finally able to accept this because now I have a community that I feel like I belong. Thank you guys for providing that!

2. Thomas8

Thomas8 Fapstronaut

Thank you for posting. Now you know that loneliness is a trigger, what's your plan?

3. TNE

TNE Fapstronaut

I'm going to stream on Twitch, constantly. That's the one thing that helps me. I want to be a streamer and a content creator and when I do stream I feel positive and like i'm getting results. A few days ago I streamed myself making a beat and a few people came in and I had a bunch of laughs and exchanges of soundcloud links. I haven't streamed in about 2 days.

These last 2 days have been binge heavy. Twitch keeps me on my toes because I'm either playing a game or sharing my desktop screen.