1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

THE BLESSED LIFE

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Today's recommendation is to study the Blessed Life by Robert Morris. It is a grade-A distraction because it is very interesting, it promotes Biblical obedience, and if you do what it says your blessing will increase. You can get the book used for $4 and the CDs for about $8 on eBay. I got the CDs years ago and they have been played multiple times.

We need great distraction ideas because life sometimes treats us badly. People sometimes treat us badly. But when we read books like this, they teach us how to focus on God instead of on our problems. Here are a few keys to Biblical blessing. You can check out more from wikiHow.

#1 blessing key, we need to become small and we need to learn how big God is. We need to pray about humbling ourselves and focusing on fulfilling God's will.

#2 blessing key: We need to repent and have a plan for change.

#3 blessing key: Meekness is the ability to handle conflicts, insults, and crises without blowing up and without egotism. Meekness keeps us from temptation. Pray: Father, take away this spirit of lust and give me a Spirit of meekness.

Study how to be blessed. This practice is great for your life and it is very helpful for breaking habits.

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Matthew says: Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled.” This is a key verse for quitting addictions. We keep trying things that do not satisfy and fill us. Here is something that does.

I memorized and quoted this verse thousands of times. This brought about my current interest in righteousness. Quoting and focusing on this verse helped me to realize the importance of living right. The benefits to living right and the blessings that go along with it.

Pray: “Father, help me to hunger and thirst after righteousness so that I can be filled.” If you want to be filled, start praying this one a lot.

To hunger and thirst after righteousness means that we fight to watch clean TV. We fight to keep our thoughts clean. When our mind strays we immediately pray, “Father, help me to turn aggressively from sin.” We fight to try to be around people that will lift us up, not drag us down.

The more we fight sin, the more the Holy Spirit fills us and helps us fight sin. Then one day we realize, “All sin is dragging us down.” It dawns on us that our lives are always better when we do things God's way. Sometimes harder, but always better. Then it hits us, “We are starting to be filled.” We are starting to be satisfied with this new great life.

On the other hand, looking with lust and thinking about it always leaves us frantic, needing more, depressed along with a slew of other problems.

Most importantly, wisdom focuses on getting this blessing. Wisdom insists on trying to get more of the Holy Spirit in them. Wisdom insists on doing what they need to do to get more and more filled every day.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

WikiHow noted the following: "Blessed are the 'poor in spirit': for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven."(Matthew 5:3)
    • Jesus promises that the poor in spirit can enter His Kingdom in this life! The Kingdom of God, Jesus said, "is within you" as Christ "lives there" -- as his presence, his Spirit, can be vital to you. Jesus said that "I must go to my Father"... [and shall] "send you another comforter to abide with you forever."

• The words "poor in spirit" mean not finding special pleasure in yourself/your life, and though you have been taught to be self-sufficient and proud of your reasoning and independence: still you may become smaller in your own eyes. If you are ready to depend on God's will for your blessings -- not ignoring God and not managing your own life and not making your choices all alone, not to be merely limited by "self", then you are ready to be blessed.”

I made the comment “Not finding special pleasure in yourself/your life” bold because with addiction we are always searching for special pleasures. Adam and Eve needed “special pleasures,” because they decided that their perfect life was not good enough. Their great relationship with God was not special enough.

Pray: “Father, You are a great and special God. You are all I need.”

The song about God called “You Are All I Need,” is more than a song. It is a decision. Every day we can follow our habits and search for special pleasures, or we can decide that God is all we need.

Secondly, meekness does not mean weakness. David became smaller in his eyes and he made God bigger, and he was the one to slay Goliath. When David's sole focus was on God's will, he was ravished with blessing.

Pray: “Thy will be done,” constantly.

When David insisted on special pleasures (A beautiful woman who was not his wife,) his blessing was terminated for a full year, and when it was reinstated, it was much less than before.

Wisdom is believing that we may be blasted just as much as David was blasted for his sin. Meekness is finding special pleasure from our great relationship with God. Meekness is a daily reminder to ourselves that God is all we need. Meekness is a consistent and complete dedication to living in the will of God.