1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Body & Blood

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

As Catholics we have such an incredible privilege in the Holy Eucharist. Recently, I heard the testimony of a priest whose relative was trying to persuade him against following catholicism back when he was entering the seminary. She said to him that believing the Eucharist is the actual body and blood of Christ is only one interpretation of Jesus's command to "Eat my body and drink my blood". He replied, yes it is one interpretation but it is the ONLY interpretation that Christians held for the first 1500 years of Christianity. God would not let His people believe such a thing, for so long a time, if it weren't the truth.

It is a wonderful feeling to receive the body of Christ (someday, I pray we will return to receiving in both species) with a conscience clear of serious sin. For so many years, I carried around the guilt and shame of PMO but I know Christ does not want that for me or for any of us. It is such a freedom to drop that burden and focus on God's will.

Mts209 likes this.
  2. Newman71557

Newman71557 Fapstronaut

I went to confession yesterday, and followed that with daily noon mass. As you said, nothing can compare-nothing- with receiving the true body, blood, soul, and divinity of our Lord in Holy Communion in a pure state, willingly desiring true communion. I know the good that I desire to do...

CPilot likes this.