1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The driving force behind my PMO behaviour. Misery

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by lonercub, Dec 26, 2016.

1. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

I didn't mention this in any of my posts before. But here goes. If I can't tell it to you guys, guess I can't tell it to no one.

But before you guys go off and be too surprised, here is the thing. I'm somewhat of a religious person. Or more correctly said, a hopeless romantic and was never too bothered to have sex. I was always against casual sex. I still kinda am. Thought it was kinda pointless to have sex before marriage.

Have shunned away meaningless relationships, or people that seemed shallow to me.

But what is really playing a trick on my mind and causing me misery is that I feel like I've missed the best part of life since I am now 31.

I don't know how to get a girlfriend. What to do if I get one, or how the bloody hell all those people who are in a relationship do get one.

Even if I did someday decide to go to a bar, or disco, I don't see why there would be a point to it because I'll still probably be quite and leave at some point alone, and I even would hate the idea of picking up some dirty drunk chick that is only interested in a one night stand. And besides, I don't think we are allowed alone into bars, and even if they did it would be incredibly awkward.

I've always believed that in the course of my life I would find somebody, but I haven't. What's really worrying me know is that, I find mostly girls in their early 20s to be attractive, and now being 31 I feel like I can not ever have a girlfriend that I would actually like, even if I did master up the courage or found the right place to meet one.

2. Audere est Facere

Audere est Facere Fapstronaut

why don't you try online dating or something like that? It's an easier way to bypass the stress of trying to meet a person in real life and eventually you do get to meet someone.

Also if you'd like to get familiar with the process of talking to girls or work on your conversational skills, try out omegle.

If you do go out there in the real world and start talking to girls, you'll realize that even though it isn't easy, it's not as big of a deal as many people make it out to be.

You just have to deal with facing rejection. It's no big deal! No matter who you are, you'll face rejection. The sign of successful people is that they don't let rejection bring them down, and those who don't succeed usually quit too early because they didn't believe that success is waiting around the corner, but you have to go to it.

hope this helps!

lonercub likes this.
  3. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

Thanks Audere. I understand, the strange thing is, I don't have trouble talking to girls. The problem is getting serious with them. I end up friend-zoning them because I never take the leap to make that move that goes into something intimate or sexual.

Also, its not even the confidence so much anymore. I just don't know where to go in this city. I don't know what that place is. Everyone keeps saying just speak to people. But where? This is the problem. I've attended many events, taken up hobbies etc, just to meet people. But its very difficult to meet people that I would want to date.

So if its lets say Friday night, I am feeling confident to meet someone, where the heck do I go? People keep saying go out as if "go out" is an actual place, but to me this is all a myth. I've realised this lately, that the vagueness of how people actually explain these things to me makes a difference. Unless there are specific instructions it ain't happening mate. I wouldn't know where that place is, or what to do. Also, are they talking about just meeting someone for just a casual relationship or meeting someone you would want to date for a serious relationship? I don't want anything casual. So why would I go to a bar or a disco. This is whats keeping me from pursuing this.

Audere est Facere likes this.
  4. Audere est Facere

welcome lonercub,

Honestly I used to be that way waiting for friday night.. but what I came to realize that you've got to keep your tools sharp and be ready to make a move wherever, whenever. I have been able to meet people at libraries, cafes, restaurants, on the street, liquor store, gym, grocery stores, parking lots, malls. You just have to go and do what you want to do, and not care what anyone might think. And if things don't immediately go the way you want them, then relax and don't get discouraged!

If you tell yourself that I won't find something serious, then you're already believing on it from the outset. Who knows, but someone may want something serious in a bar, too. You may not be the only one. You have to go and find out. You have to take things slowly, but always know what you want, and don't settle for less.

Also, I would recommend you to try and get comfortable and making the move. It is a really satisfying feeling to know that you wanted something (i.e. intimacy), and you took the risk of rejection and tried to escalate to intimacy. If it works out, then great!! You're on level 2, but if it doesn't then at least you ASKED! That attitude has really helped me!

Also, you may be too picky in the kind of person you want to date, and in that case, I don't know what to say except maybe make your criteria a little less strict.

lonercub likes this.
  5. lonercub

lonercub Fapstronaut

Thanks. The ironic thing is, the girls I've always liked are at places which are unplanned. On the train for example or on the street. But with no reason to talk to, what the heck do I say. I've also noticed that growing up I believe I've developed a certain attitude where I perceive hitting on girls wrong or rude. So I've always been too nice to girls, as if I don't want to be that guy who is chatting someone up, a girl I just met. That's the part in my subconscious that I believe has messed me up.

Because the are a lot of people who consider people who talk to girls like that as something immoral almost. But how else we are going to meet them right.

Audere est Facere likes this.
  6. Audere est Facere

I just realized that your counter is exactly the same as mine :) Way to go fellow December rebooter :)

Good question, and your situation is very typical. I used to be on the same ship, until I jumped off.

In regards to what to say. Depends on your conversational skills. My go to rule is to try to find something about them (ideally something they are wearing), that you can praise. You can be creative, and try and talk about some situation. Or often times, if they're sitting next to you in the train, start off with a warm Hi and smile.

You see Loner, you have to get out of your head, and forget about "waht other people or thinking" , also forget "what she is thinking" ... i don't have an internal dialogue prior to any of my approaches because it throws me off and almost makes it seem like it is a bigger thing than it is. I often think of it is an "out of body experience".. I am just going to let things flow.. I am not going to let my mind stop me, but I will use creativity.

I used to be the same way, and being the "nice guy" . The guy who is "above" chatting girls. The guy who wants a girl really bad, but will settle with "decency"... but then i said FUCK THAT SHIT!

I had that same attitude about it being wrong or rude. But we have to throw it out of the window. It would be wrong if you went and started to touch them, or smell their hair (youtube video shit).. It would be rude if you wouldn't stop talking to them after they're not interested, or if your pride gets hurt.

But simply to be the warm, friendly guy who starts off with a compliment, and engages in small talk. In my experience Loner, they drop their guard when you can talk about some other things, and if things keep moving forward and they're interested in talking too, then they'll ask you a few questions as well, and if one of you needs to leave, just say "it was a pleasure speaking to you, and I'd love to continue our conversation. can i have ur number?" If she makes up an excuse, then politely accept it, and don't insist. Remember, you can be a perfect gentleman in approaching a girl. Approaching a girl is not a lowly, rude or wrong thing to do. I don't care if anyone else believes in it, but you and I absolutely need to believe it, or else you'll suffer with guilt and shame. YOU CANNOT FEEL THAT WAY!

btw, do you live in a conservative country? Just curious, because I live in america (coastal california, to be exact), and here most guys wish they could do what I do, but they don't have the toolkit (methods, resiliency, self-appreciation), whereas I've been steadily building mine ;) So many guys shake their heads in disbelief,envy, or give me mad props afterwards!

PS: Very unlikely girls will make approaches, and often times girls consider it an increase in their self-worth to receive the attention that we give them .Also they may be waiting for the right guy to come along, and you might go and talk to them, and they won't care where you did it, as long as you did it.. so who knows when things just might click!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Deleted Account likes this.