The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Conan Troutman, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Conan Troutman

Conan Troutman Fapstronaut

Hello

Im 22 years old Ive been MOing for 7 years and PMOing for about 4. I joined nofap for the same reasons most join, to beat their addiction and live a more fulfilling life. But the main reason I joined is because I don't think I can beat this on my own. I could use some back up. I've tried beating this on my own but have so far failed every attempt.

Ive wanted to quit PMO for over a year and a half now. I didn't take it seriously until about 4 months ago when i discovered nofap after being frustrated and fed up with my addiction. on that day I made a decision to start the journey to rid my sled of this monkey on my back. Before I knew it i had made it to 14 days before relapsing since then Ive had a few 7 day streaks and a lot of relapses.

11 days ago I visited the site for the first time hoping to find answers and I did. I also found the success stories thread which has helped me reach my current 11 day streak. Within the last 11 days I've been educating myself on the effects of PMO on the brain and I have been taking the time to look at my own life, my own timeline and seeing how PMO has affected my mental, emotional, physical, spiritual health and my behaviors over the last 7 years as well as how it has negatively affected those around me. In the last few days Ive been experiences alot of urges and ended up peeking falling down the rabbit hole again but before I could I restrained myself from going any further.

That was yesterday. Today when I woke up I made it goal to make an account so I can get involved, get the help I need and complete My reboot. I've caused myself a good deal of damage but now I'm ready to turn that around and start the healing process.

i_wanna_get_better1 likes this.
  2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

I couldn't defeat this on my own, either. Many things helped me, including this site.

Congrats on the success you've had, and keep going! Keep coming back!