1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Problem With Today's Relationships

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Lumberjack-off-Man, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Lumberjack-off-Man

Lumberjack-off-Man Fapstronaut

There was a recent thread having to do with the rise of selfish women and consequently the rise of emasculate men. That thread was deleted but I wanted to post this reply on why I think feminism has risen in todays culture.

Not to put women off the hook but I think all of this started as men's fault. This has to do with the erroneous definition of man. A definition of "man" that many go by nowadays is counting how many woman you've slept with. The more women you've laid, the more of a man you are. This, in turn, has made the women respond by thinking all men are shit and by thinking they can act any way they want. If men are just trying to win as many women as they can then it doesn't matter how girls act. They can be narcissistic, arrogant, and selfish, but that doesn't matter because men like a challenge right? It turns into a game of cat and mouse where the relationship is constantly only the man pursuing and the woman running away. News flash, love goes both ways. Honestly, the only way I see this getting better is if men realize that being a "man" does not depend on how many women you've won. When that happens maybe there will be pursuit on both sides.

P.S. Don't have time to proof read right now so if anything sounds funky that's why.

Deleted Account and taqwa like this.
  2. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

Agreed brother!
    Man = takes care of the sh$t that he is supposed to!

3. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

Feminism is definitely not men's fault! That was my thread that was deleted - which really pissed me off btw. It seems...some people can't discuss real issues. Feminism is a political movement and that's all it was/is etc. Men were always trying to f*ck as many women as they could, all throughout history. This isn't responsible for the change in behavior and identity of women in the last century. That's nonsense. Now what did happen - is a deliberate attempt at destroying and subverting morals on both sides...and a massively obvious deliberate attempt at completely inverting and destroying women and young girls - before they even have chances to form healthy images and identities of themselves. It's truly the world's greatest tragedy in this country. but there is sex everywhere. I know it's not Kosher to discuss it, but - the vicious assault on Christianity destroyed any moral backbone we had left. That's what's responsible for what you see. iMO. But women have been given the go for promiscuous behavior, unadulterated narcissism, and unequal rights since third wave feminism hit.

It's imo completely all but destroyed our society. It's hanging in tatters. Marriages fail or people can't even have successful relationships, anymore. Women wield tremendously unfair power in courts and in the federal system. Men lose. .... women basically have too much power - it's imbalanced for a society - I guess that's sexist of me to say that. O well. It is the truth.

Men have no spines. It's been removed and replaced with Justin Bieber and the backstreet boys, these soft....friendly, weak effeminate excuses for men portrayed all over tv for everyone to follow. Just look at tv commercials - all the 'trendy' guys are slim build, effeminate looking males who really lack masculinity, they all have the tight clothes and shirts on; they appear doofy and subservient to the powerful strong female in the ad. It's clockwork, every time, and it's just getting worse every year. They're turning men into jellyfish! And we're all buying it, hook line and sinker.
    Guys wake up. Remember your maleness. Remember who you are. These people - nobody, has that right to take that away from you.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    Golgo 13 and himmelstoss like this.
  4. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

There are forces pitting men and women against each other, socially - for decades now. ...This is the truth. If you just look around, you'll see it. Romantic love was replaced by depraved promiscuity. On both sides...this has to do with the fall of our moral standard. There is no other way around it.
    Third wave feminism has all but destroyed young girls. It's sad. ...men are trying to adapt - and what we get is this unnatural, straining ...and totally imbalanced situation that just looks and feels weird.
    Women should go back to being women. Men should go back to being men. Problem solved.

Golgo 13 likes this.
  5. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

As anything in life the truth is somewhere in the middle. There are issues on both sides. Ultimately, being a man, I will take the first step and blame myself (not because I have no spine, rather because it is an action that can be constructively taken) and then take the necessary steps to correct myself. When I am a good example, the people around me will follow. To condemn, blame, or criticize is rarely effective. When you hurt the ego of a person, they will not listen no matter how "right" you are. May we be granted guidance and wisdom to be a source of good in this world that desperately needs it.

Lumberjack-off-Man and theGECK like this.
  6. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

No. The truth is the truth! It always has been and has to be. I've researched all of this. Feminism is infact, a political movement - and that's all it is. I can guarantee you that. It has sinister motives underneath it (like getting the other half of the gender pool in the workforce so in order to tax double the population they had before...to grow the government, breaking up families; if Mommy is now at work, she can't take care of kids...junior has to go out to a daycare..wherein he will be indoctrinated from an early age to love the state, not his parents as he should - and also to break up marriages.) Feminism - third wave feminism......is pure evil. It had no good intents. You were lied to, trust me.

I am a messenger of truth.

himmelstoss likes this.
  7. taqwa

taqwa Fapstronaut

May we be guided to what is best. I wish you well brother!

8. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

9. wildwood

wildwood Fapstronaut

Oh jeez. Both sides have issues, instead of working together to find solutions the blame game goes on. Instead of talking about it we should teach our youth to respect each other. This culture is unbalanced.

10. If Feminism is to be blamed then you are saying that giving equal rights to women is at fault.
    I don't think that the only way to save marriages is for men to have greater rights.
    And even today, men being promiscuous is tolerated more than women being promiscuous.

And somebody mentioned Christianity being attacked.
    I don't think that the society's moral fibre should rest on the church.
    Anyway, read the bloody history of the Church, you won't want to use that for moral fibre.
    Not to mention that they cover up child abuse.

And again, Feminism just means equal rights for men and women. That's it.
    Equal rights.
    This doesn't destroy society.

11. Eric'sBlue

Eric'sBlue Fapstronaut

The moral fibre what should it rest on then? More atrocity has occurred in the 20th century by secularists than in entire recorded history in one period. Just read about it....It sounds like you just spout what you've heard from the tv or, from some other places without checking your resources, or repeating propaganda. ...I won't waste my time correcting foolishness as The only thing you earn by that is rebuke.

As I've said, third wave feminism is NOT what you think it is. Please, do some interesting and deep study about this topic.

Thank you.

himmelstoss likes this.
  12. Lumberjack-off-Man

Be real with yourself man. Stop being blinded by your bigotry and just listen for a second. First of all I opened this thread not to discuss just the rise of feminism but I opened it to discuss the issues on both sides and how they are affecting relationships. However, since you are so intent on presenting your view on feminism I guess we'll change subject matter a bit.

First of all, the motivation for sleeping with women throughout history has changed drastically. The time in which you are discussing it, the motivation was due largely to pleasure. Nowadays pleasure may be one reason for that motivation but it is not the sole reason and definitely not the reason for it. Like I said in my first post the reason for it now is because of the twisted definition of man that society has come up with.

Is that the only reason feminism has seen a rapid rise? No. But your narrow and ignorant view of the subject just makes you sound like you have not done any research at all on this subject. I am not defending feminism nor trying to blame only men for this, but your view on this matter cannot be so narrow that you refuse to accept any alternative or additional one. Like @taqwa said, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I am not blaming feminism alone. You missed the point of this post if that was the only thing you got out of it. The point of this thread is to discuss the faults on both sides. Something that both you and Eric'sBlue seemed to have missed. Thank goodness @wildwood didn't miss it.

Also, as regards to Christianity, please do not base your view of Christianity on some narrow liberal nonsense. Yes, Christianity has had it's dark times, but you can't possibly believe that the sole reason for Christianity is a cover up for child abuse and other such monstrosities.

The moral fibre has to rest on the church alone. Without it there is no other reason for any kind of moral beliefs in this society. Without the church any thing you feel morally does not have any kind of meaning. Without the church, everything is relative to how each other feels. It produces things like "maybe murder sounds wrong to you but it is not to me." However if you back your statement up with, I believe murder is wrong because the Lord of the universe says it is then I will certainly agree with you. @JohnathanSmith

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  13. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

You've got it backwards. That definition came into existence because with women in the workforce and military, outearning men and getting better educations, counting how many women you've slept with is the only thing that's unique to men. Kind of like how all the men in sparta were warriors (or helots that could legally be murdered) while the women did everything else (including ruling the city state while the king was off fighting wars with his men.) Feminism started with housework becoming more automated. Women thanked the men who gave them a way to wash dishes with the press of a button by likening their role to a "comfortable concentration camp" (whatever that means) so of course men felt like walking wallets. The last ~70 years has been feminists looking for new ways to force men to be walking wallets even if they don't get married.

14. theGECK

theGECK Fapstronaut

My belief is that both feminists and men's rights activists tend to ask the wrong questions. In the end, the goal is equality so speaking about how one group keeps the other down is pointless and a distraction. I'm quite sympathetic to the original post about the "problem with relationships", but I would also expand it to say that both people in a relationship need to stop acting in ways that are designed to give them the upper hand in the relationship. When the people in the relationship work together in the ways that are best suited to their particular skills, we can do far more than if we have specific roles that somebody has to fill even if they aren't good at it. One of my very good friend's mom was a horrible cook, but his dad was an excellent one. But because mom had to be the one to have dinner on the table, dad never made food for the family and they all ate worse food than they had to. The dad didn't like it, the mom didn't like it, the kids didn't like it, but she had to be the one who stayed at home because she was the wife. Funnily enough, he retired recently and she went to work and both of them have said that they should have done this 40 years ago because he likes being at home and she is far more skilled at business than he was and was quickly making double what he had made. Both of them liked their life far more when they abandoned the roles that they were supposed to do and instead worked towards their strengths.

And in relation to the question about how morality can exist without religion, I refer people to this page as a starting point. Here's a quote from about 3/4 of the way down the page.

15. Lumberjack-off-Man

You are missing the point of the morality argument. The quote you gives talks about bad and good, right and wrong, but those ideas cannot even exist without religion. Without a God, bad and good is just relative to everyone. Your bad may mean stealing is wrong whereas my bad may think that stealing is totally fine. You need a higher standard by which to base good and evil on. Morality cannot exist without God, anything you come up with otherwise is just a delusion you are trying to convince yourself of.

Wait, what? Why does it matter how that definition came into existence? That's not even what is being discussed here. It does not matter how it came about but the problem is that it does exist.

16. Everything shouldn't be based on Christianity.
    No one religion gets it all right
    Even the bible has horrible passages
    The only good thing is that most people don't follow all the bad stuff.

You don't need the church to be moral
    We don't need hell and heaven
    If we do good just to go to heaven and to avoid hell, we aren't moral beings.

The point about child abuse
    The cases just show that even a priest can do such horrible acts.
    We should not depend on some outside being to be moral.
    It should stem from within.

I'm an atheist and I don't find any difficulty in being moral. I don't need divine rewards or punishments or any dogma.

Gamerwife85 and ICleansedMe like this.
  17. theGECK

theGECK Fapstronaut

Please read the page instead of just the quote, as that is a very small part of the page, and not the full argument. To your point, there are plenty of other pillars/bases that morality can be built upon, such as "survival of the species", "because we generally agree on it", or even "evolutionary biases". To say that there is nothing other than religion on which to build morals is to spout nonsense. There are plenty of people who have morality that is not built upon a religion, and to say that it isn't morality is incorrect. I suppose you could say "correct morality can't be...", but to say that it's impossible for me to have morals is ridiculous.

18. Lumberjack-off-Man

Actually yes, everything does have to be based on Christianity. There is simply no other good reason to exist if not for someone else. If there was no God then I would endlessly pursue pleasures as that would be the end all of life. Thank goodness life is not all about me though.

Please stop making generalized statements without anything to back them up, it just makes you sound uneducated. Yes, even priests can do wrong. I ask you to forgive those Christians who act like they're better than everyone else because they miss the point of Christianity. The whole point of Christianity is to realize that we're all evil but through Jesus Christ we can be saved. How can anything moral stem from within when we are all sinners within?

No, you cannot base morals on anything else. How can they mean anything? People who have morals that are not based on religion are not morals, instead they don't do evil stuff for fear of consequences. Morals and being afraid of consequences are not the same thing. You have your definition of morals backwards. I'm not saying you cannot have morals. You can have morals, but if they are not based on religion than your morals mean nothing to anyone but yourself. They are simply your morals, no one else's.

If no set of moral ideas were better than another, there would be no sense in preferring civilised morality to Nazi morality. The moment you say one lot of morals is better than another, you are in fact measuring them by an ultimate standard. -C.S. Lewis

The moment you believe morals exist you believe in an ultimate standard. The only standard by which every human being can be bound by is one that is bigger than all of us. That bigger standard is God. Any standard made up by human beings will have some people doubting whether they really are good standards.

19. theGECK

theGECK Fapstronaut

Wait, it's impossible without god to do something to have a positive impact? The only thing possible is to flee negative consequences and not to try and build something?

So you would say that somebody non-religious choosing not to PMO to improve themselves isn't actually doing that?

I love this quote and I agree. Acting purely in our own self interests is a horrible way to live. Greed is not good.

20. Lumberjack-off-Man

No, no I'm sorry if that was a little confusing. You can do positive things without God. But to think one thing is better than another is to believe in a higher standard. and...

If no set of moral ideas were better than another, there would be no sense in preferring civilised morality to Nazi morality. The moment you say one lot of morals is better than another, you are in fact measuring them by an ultimate standard. -C.S. Lewis

T
    he moment you believe morals exist you believe in an ultimate standard. The only standard by which every human being can be bound by is one that is bigger than all of us. That bigger standard is God. Any standard made up by human beings will have some people doubting whether they really are good standards. What I am trying to say is that there is no standard that a human can come up with that everyone can agree upon. Humans cannot come up with the ultimate standard.