1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The rape livestreamed on Periscope

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by WHMvsPMO, Feb 7, 2021.

1. WHMvsPMO

WHMvsPMO Fapstronaut

I just watched a docuseries episode on an 18 year old girl who livestreamed a rape on Periscope. Apparently what happened was she went to the mall with a friend, who was 17 years and 11 months old, got connected with this guy and went back to his house and alcohol was involved, and she was filming them with their consent before it became rape, and at that point she was drunk.

It's hard to know where to begin to think about something like this. You can imagine the parents of the girl that was raped was pressing to have her punished as an accomplice. Of course considering that alcohol is involved we might consider the interaction of one addiction with another.

Then I remembered this passage in a book I read recently:

It doesn't say they share the guilt with everyone close by, it says EVERYONE who allowed him to commit the crime.

So what about all the people who watched the livestream?

Did any of them do anything or say anything? Or how many of them did? Even if they don't know the exact location where it's taking place instead of texting stuff like "don't stop filming" did anyone say "THIS IS RAPE"?

While the girl filming was drunk, not everyone watching will be drunk - not with alcohol anyway.

To me a layer of this is definitely the intoxication of attention garnered from social media, which is of course mostly what it's about.

But of course, not only is there a question of getting attention, it's what we do with the attention we give. Does someone pay attention to the sex and not the violation? Or just shrug it off like well I am not there so nothing I can do about it anyway?

I feel underlying it all is this attitude of being a spectator society, as opposed to participating in it. People don't care about each other other than what they want out of each other, and the combination of indiscriminate attention hoarding and something like sex addiction can easily give birth to a situation like this.

2. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Coronavirus tried to rape me vbut my antibodies said no ! Now is lockdown who is trying to rape me , but my mind is saying no

ThePeakWae likes this.
  3. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

I raped me but me said no

PanteriMauzer likes this.
  4. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Niceeeee