1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Red Pill

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by pimp, Nov 17, 2019.

What do you think about The Red Pill movement

1. It's made up bullshit

2. It's the truth

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. lolos

lolos Fapstronaut

I don't think anyone is qualified to comment on it if you haven't lifted and applied the shit on there for over a year. There are dudes on here saying RP just uses science and facts to back up there claims. This is completely false, I have seen one study quoted on RP. It is pretty much a bunch of dudes writing about shit that works for them. Maybe some guys that have been doing it for a long time will look back at there experiences and find patterns which they use to come up with theories that predict behaviour.

It is not a movement. It is not a cult. It is not an idealogy. Some people say it is a toolbox, that it is simply tools you can try to use to get what you want. If you want a ltr than here are some things you should consider. If you want to have casual sex than here are a bunch of things that have worked for other men. If you want your boss to respect you more than here is a good way to go about that. Stop trying so hard to classify it. Stop saying that people on there want something, like they want others to be miserable so it's more fun for them (lol). If anyone on there wants something its to help men that have been in there situation before because they know how fucking confusing it can be.

If your someone who thinks RP is all about trying to be the biggest alpha or about calling all women whoars than you need to work on your reading comprehension. You can't get past your emotional reaction to the content and actually understand what's going on. That is the whole point of that language, to weed out dweebs.

2. It was the top post on the reddit for about a week straight. May have even been pinned. And I saw no comments disputing it.
    So I'm not poisoning the well or cherrypicking. This is a consistent theme on the reddit - making assertions without evidence and arguing from personal testimony, as you've been doing this whole time.

Here's another quote that took my 3 minutes to find.
    Those assertions come after a long personal anecdote, and have no evidence to support them besides the poster's individual experience, yet he states them as though they are fact. So Redpill is clearly not some scientific community that only cares about researching human psychology. They project their experiences onto the set of all men, which, hopefully obviously, is fallacious.

Furthermore, giving advice to young men or helping people remediate their suicidal desires (as you've mentioned earlier) does not necessitate the Redpill. I hope that is obvious as well.

3. Hisself

Hisself Fapstronaut

Ok have I mentioned the reddit at all in any of this? No. I’ve never posted on the reddit and do not view it. All of the content creators I follow who are redpill even say that the reddit is useless. I think you are poisoning the well. Not only that but you have done nothing to refute what I am calling redpill and the content creators call redpill which is the evolutionary psychology of human sexual selection. I gave you the examples of ovulatory shift and sperm competition and you conveniently bypass them and claim I’m arguing from personal testimony. I never said you should even believe what I believe based on my personal accounts and the personal anecdotes I’ve said are that I find it helpful and I see improvement in my own life. If you don’t like that too bad but you can’t argue me into worse outcomes. The fact is there are at the very least, hundreds of men who have explicitly said that the redpill saved their marriage or kept them from suicide during a divorce or improved their dating life. For many men it’s a community that will give them info on dating, not getting divorce raped, improving their sex life, getting stronger in the gym etc.. for me it’s a combination of that and learning about evolutionary psychology and developing a mindset of freedom from outcome in dating. If you don’t like it too bad or if you want to take examples from a website which I’ve never used and as far as I’ve heard within the redpill community, most encourage to stay away from, then we are arguing past each other.

4. Yes, we certainly are. Guess we're done.

Deleted Account likes this.