1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

the vice I can't beat

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by sherlock holmes, Jul 23, 2015.

1. sherlock holmes

sherlock holmes Fapstronaut

Hello, everyone! I am 23 years old and have been struggling with avoiding masturbation since the age of 15. Fortunately, I have been blessed with the ability to moderate myself to some extent and have only found myself loosing control, at most, once per day, normally once every 2 or three days. By most standards, I am blessed to live a normal, successful, and healthy life, but I have always known that this secret vice I have is, at best, unhealthy, and at worst, permanently damaging. I know I need to bring it under control and will definitely need your help in doing so. Any and all advice is appreciated. I will be sure to pass it on if and when I am a position where i can help others conquer the same struggle.

2. RJ102795

RJ102795 Fapstronaut

Take cold showers, get outdoors more, avoid privacy and computers as much as possible. Workout/exercise more, if you feel the urge do 10/15/20 etc. pushups based on your strength. You can do this!

3. thomasnl

thomasnl Fapstronaut

Hi, welcome to NoFap!
    First off, I was triggered by your user name. Since the thing that actually got me inspired to find NoFap was searching for a sex/P version of AA/NA, like Sherlock does in the series "Sherlock". His zero-tolerance attitude inspired me to make no compromise.
    I recognize your story, I barely ever went on real P sites, mostly image boards that served a mix of models and amateurs. I still classify it as PMO since the physical effects on my body and mostly my mind are equal to actual P PMO.
    I learned that by abstaining from PMO I gained a LOT of confidence, I learned to tell how I feel and what I think without being fearful to be judged.
    I also discovered that when stopping PMO, much underlying issues may be revealed, try to address those as well, to build your future you.
    Fill the void, both the void buzzed out by PMO and the void in your time schedule. Take up your studies more seriously, pick up a hobby, etc.
    Stay strong!