1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Think I'm leaving depression behind

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Ise018, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Ise018

Ise018 Fapstronaut

Making something of value (or at least my own definition of value) and getting better at it has made a lot of negativity disappear for me, purpose and identity can seem far away when you feel isolated but they don't have to.

Pick something you enjoy and don't push yourself at first, make sure you get as much enjoyment out of it as possible for the first few weeks, then the hunger to learn more about it will increase and not feel contrived, stay aware of what others are doing for inspiration but don't compare the 'standard' or you'll fall into the trap of trying to make what's 'good' and not what makes you vibe, it's not genuine and kills the spark, trust yourself ultimately, you will get better, create whatever world you want to, few months go by and your in there, more self sufficient and armed with avenues to explore and meet others, find that flow state it might take a while but it will come, don't force it, everything can get better.

2. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

3. greenishmoon

greenishmoon Fapstronaut

Funny you say so. Resonates with me right now. I have to get back to my drawings I think...

4. thietkenhadepmoi

thietkenhadepmoi New Fapstronaut