1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking about future relationship during reboot

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by MercaMerca, Oct 3, 2019.

1. MercaMerca

MercaMerca Fapstronaut

I just asked myself, if thinking about a possible relationship (and intimacy in this relationship) after rebooting is good or bad. I'm having these thoughts about more or less one specific woman multiple times a day.
    On the one Hand it helps me to avoid P-related thoughts, but on the other hand its still a way of having sexual thoughts. It is some kind of 'vanilla' version. I would consider these thoughts rather as normal, but isn't it a part of the reboot to cut down these thoughts, to let them come back to a healthy level. Where is the worth in using my energy to thinking about a possible future relationship ? I am also concerned, to be too nervous if it comes to a relationship, when I have spent hours with thinking about it.

How do you guys think about it ? Do you "daydream" about a future relationship ? I feel like thinking about it is ok but it should be limited...

2. Daedaleus

Daedaleus Fapstronaut

I think it's perfectly fine to daydream about a future relationship, but I'd be wary of explicit and sustained sexual fantasies. However, it sounds like you're cognizant of that so that's good. I've been mulling about relationships myself but I'm not going to pursue one in the time being, since my libido is so elevated right now. I want to be sure that I'm dating a woman because I genuinely care and like her, not because I'm just following my primitive mind to seek out sex.

3. MercaMerca

MercaMerca Fapstronaut

Thanks for your comment. I will keep that in mind.