1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

This doesn't work or what is wrong with me?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Maroš, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Maroš

Maroš Fapstronaut

Hello people of Nofap,
    I don't care if someone reads this or not, I just needed to write this out. Maybe someone will find this relatable and will not at least feel alone.
    I have been doing NoFap for almost 2 years. Had a lot of up and downs. Had good streaks, bad streaks, while the first one was the best and I often look back at it as a source of inspiration when I am trying to find what I am doing wrong (people were attracted to me, also girls, i was very social after like a week, even before NoFap while reducing PMO due to my situation, and now this doesn't make sense to me).
    I have recently come to study at University in Prague (1,300,000 citizens) and I took this as a chance to start my best streak ever and benefit from it as much as I can, because my last streaks were shitty, because I wasn't always strict and ended up edging. This time I told myself to stay away from my phone as much as I can and be busy with other things to avoid relapse.
    I am now on day 32 I think and I am doing everything recommended I found on sub/forum (I eat healthy, drink a lot of water, visit gym 3 times a week, study a lot, I took up singing lessons and practice for hour per day, I read books (fictional and non-fictional (for example No More Mr.Nice guy)), I socialize with a lot of people, keep check on my sleep, meditate for 10 mins per day and etc.,...). For 3rd and 4th week my urges have been immense, and I still get them often. Like my dick is like solid-rock, my heart pounds, I feel like I am gonna explode. And here comes the problem. While in my first great streak I somehow started being really social and girls were attracted to me (I even wrote on reddit about it and it now confuses me a lot) while doing almost nothing mentioned above. And here it is the opposite. I made some friends, but I made them before this streak and they are not that good friends I had even while PMOing in the past. Same with girls. I sometimes watch Netflix with one girl, but I don't find her attractive and she is not my type, even though I would like to fuck her. And my thoughts always spiral to one girl I had HUUUUGE crush on 2 years ago. I have lot of ups and downs. I even look at pictures from that first streak and I even looked different.
    And I like to think about myself as improving, that everything will be fine, and then there are moments like this: I am sitting in my room, reading a book, and my roommate comes in (really skinny guy, long hair, tbh looks like homeless person, he is ultra shy, and even smells awfully, it is no pleasure for me to live with him in one room) and asks me nervously: "Would you mind bringing my girlfriend for one night?" I was like WTF. He is total opposite as anyone to describe a man/boy who any girl would like to date with. I thought to myself "Hmm, maybe she is just needy and is with him just for having a boyfriend, not for him himself, and maybe she is not even the girl other guys would like to date, maybe he also picked her up for just having a girlfriend.", but when I saw her with him. I was amazed. She was stunning. And I was doing some homework while they were cuddling in bed. I could smell his dirty clothes and sweat on him from 3 meters and felt disgusted at it and asked myself "How is this possible? How can she be with him when he smells so bad? (I cant be with girl who smells bad). He smells like garbage (I have never seen him going to take a shower)." And at these moment I am asking myself questions "What am I doing wrong?" A lot of guys here describe how some girls looks at them, they look each other in eyes, and they start dating out of the blue. I know life is not only about girls and sex, but I want to have a girl to be intimate with. This city is huge and I bet my full balls, that there is a girl, who would like to date me, whom I will like and will be attracted to. I also know, that it is about becoming a man of a value, but I have seen so many cases of guys without almost any value (as usually described) having girls, so I am starting to feel, that this is not about it. And at such points I am starting to feel depressed, like really depressed, I am trying to fight it for also like 2-3 years. And 3 weeks ago I contacted one psychologists as one of my last hopes, that maybe she will help me, she is especially focusing on relationships and etc., so I texted her and she told me she will give me contacts to 2 great psychologists, because she isn't in the town right now. And here comes something, that always makes me go fucking suicidal. It took here like almost 3 weeks to give me those contacts. Like WTF? I have seen her post posts on Facebook about all the other shit, being online pretty often seeming "busy", but she can't take one fucking minute to send me those contacts? What is wrong with people? I even told her I would like to consult my issue with a professional, because I feel like this is getting out of hand (depression, I don't know if I have it, but as described in trillions of posts and articles I have read I probably have it, there are times when I feell like half-god, and then very low, it is weird to explain). And this happens with a lot of people. There were like 2 girls in 2 recents weeks (from my country where I live normally) and they texted me "Hello" and I responded with "Hello", and they both left "Seen" for hours and days. Like why the f*ck do they even text me? To make me feel even more miserable? To show me they are "valuable" girls by showing their "inavailability"? (Gosh, I hate those games on cat and mouse about who is that "valuable and unavailable", I even tried those, so I take time for myself (gym, practice, study, relax, ...) to not be available all the time, but it didn't work). And then I see people on phones like literally 24/7 and having no problems with what I am dealing with.
    At this time I am sitting in my room, with tears at the corners of my eyes typing this for at least an hour, because I have no other place to ventilate. I want to find out what worked for me in the past and what I am now doing wrong. I don't even recognize myself in the photos from 2 years ago.

Thank you whoever read this to an end

2. KennyCZ

KennyCZ Fapstronaut

Reply to my private message, I can give you some advice on your problem.

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. It's great that @KennyCZ has got you already - he's even in the neighbourhood.

There's nothing wrong with you. I read your story and saw point of my own life in it. The best advice I can give is live your life as if you'd had your genitals removed. You can no longer fuck anyone, so what does any of it matter. Do what you want (being an arsehole optional, but not what I'd suggest). It took me a few weeks to get contact details for psychologists from my marriage counselor but one of them seems to be okay. Maybe I'm not seeing it clearly enough, but live your life for you.

And @KennyCZ , thank you for jumping in.

4. godsbelovedson93

godsbelovedson93 Fapstronaut

Really deep story man, I believe in you, your time is coming just hang out bro

5. godsbelovedson93

godsbelovedson93 Fapstronaut

Oh yea consider that chick that you watch Netflix with that you want to fuck but i guess your not attracted to her. Give her some man but make sure you tell it’s strictly friendship and it will not get any further than that. You gotta take what you can get bro,

6. In the interest of playing Devil's Advocate for a moment...

As someone who 'took what was available' (someone I wasn't attracted to, but was showing some signs of interest), I found it more damaging than if I'd simply just been rejected a few more times. Granted, I had a very romanticised view of relationships when I was younger, and she slept with me as much for a boost to her shattered ego than to do me any favours. I'm willing to concede that I'm different to most guys, but it should be something @Maroš might wish to consider.

At least don't let her (whoever it is) feed you mixed messages, and don't let her lead the whole way - my own passivity during the event screwed me up so bad I'm still re-correcting twenty years later.

7. I feel your pain, bro. All of it!!! I feel like crying too.