Time to unleash some Steel Fury on this addiction

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Steel Fury, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Steel Fury

Steel Fury Fapstronaut

Ok, a little about myself. I am 37 years old, from Australia, and have been addicted to P for over 20 years. I'm not sure when it crossed the line to be considered an "addiction", but I've had what could be called a P problem since 1993. I have tried to quit in the past, but have never lasted longer than two weeks. Yes, I have failed repeatedly, but then, didn't Michael Jordan say that he had failed more times than he could remember too?

So here I am, back to give it another shot. Why have I failed previously? A lack of discipline basically. I tend to procrastinate too much in life -- putting off what I should be doing. I believe that is something that has caused me to relapse a lot in the past. I'll have something that I really should be doing now, but I'll put it off, and then use P to forget about the 'stress' of work piling up, and before you know it, I've spent an hour or two in front of the computer essentially wasting time.

Funny, just typing out that paragraph gave me something to think about and a different way of looking at my problem. I've never thought of that aspect before. What I was going to say is that I like to engage in other hobbies (such as long distance bicycling) that give me opportunities to experience pain. I don't really have a problem with pain, I sometimes just need a push to put me in that zone. Maybe I'm back on the procrastination thing again. Or maybe I'm just rambling.

Anyway, I'm here to join the Fapstronauts and hopefully help some of you with your struggles while I kick this addiction into touch.