Trying to Become my Best Self

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Mr_Beastley, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Mr_Beastley

Mr_Beastley Fapstronaut

Hey everyone. My name is Dan and I'm 39 years old.

Recently I've realized a few things about my masturbation habit. I do it way too often (at least once or twice a day), and it usually takes about 3 or 4 hours away from my sleep (I do it after my wife's gone to bed for the most part).

It also takes away from my creativity. I used to do a lot of writing and was working on a novel. Now every time I sit down to try to write, I end up masturbating instead.

Not only that, I have always had social anxiety to some degree but I usually get up in front of crowds and inspire them no problem (I'm a manager at my work). These days I feel the mind fog, and I don't quite know how to deal with stress from work, and am less than inspiring to my employees.

I've been married for about 7 years, and my wife and I do have good sex once a week or so. I decided I'd like to try the "Standard Mode" so that my wife and I can still enjoy our intimacy.

I'm very much looking forward to taking on the 90 day challenge, I tried to stop masturbating on my own last month and made it like 3 days and lost hope until I thought of trying the NoFap website. I read the Getting Started guide and frankly, saw way too much of myself in there.

I appreciate any help I can get from you guys!

2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

Check out In Case You Didn't Know for strategies and tips which may help you along your journey.

3. Mr_Beastley

Mr_Beastley Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot, that really means a lot! I have been reading some inspired stuff on here.