Trying to break old habits with your help

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Professor Artificial, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Professor Artificial

Professor Artificial Fapstronaut

Hello fapstronauts.

I am Professor Artificial, or "ProfAI", and I'm new here.

Why am I here? Same reason most of us are here, I figure. Trying to change our PMO-habits and change our lives for the better. I've recently moved to a new location and I'm using that (quite significant) change in my life to try and break some habits and form some new ones. One of these bad habits I'm trying to break is the whole PMO thing, but specifically procrasturbation, which has impeded my productivity a fair bit more than I'd like to admit up until now. So now, I'm quitting that. Or, trying to.

The strange thing is I've been aware of /r/nofap for ages (well, at least a two years) but it was only recently I read up on what you were doing and thought "I think I should do this". And so I did. Or, I tried; I've relapsed twice since moving, but I'm "clean" since the 14th and counting (on a sidenote, if anyone can point me at how to set up a day-counter of some sort, I'd be very grateful). And now I'm here to join the community. Figure that should help me keep my resolve.

There's not much to say about me. I'm male. I'm single. I'm studying computer science/engineering (as if my name didn't already give that away) at a university, but I'd rather not say where. In addition to NoFap I'm also trying to get back to more active physical exercise and better planning/productivity; a bit of a restart for my entire life with this move. We'll see how it all goes.

Well, I shouldn't write a wall of text the first thing I do. This has been my (short) introduction. Thanks for letting me join!

2. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Welcome! I'm glad you're here.

> How to get a counter: click on my counter, and do what it tells you to do. Somewhere on the NoFap page (I don't know where, since it was redesigned) are instructions for changing your "signature." You have to put a link or something into the signature.

> If you look around, read, and learn, you'll gain a lot of wisdom that will help. Also, commenting on threads helps by connecting you with others here. This site has made a huge difference for me.

Keep coming back!

3. Professor Artificial

Professor Artificial Fapstronaut

Thank you!

Will do. Or would do. Apparently, I need at least one liked post before I am allowed to change my signature. Suppose it's an anti-spam measure...?

Cheers! Already got myself involved in a accountability group which ought to help. I'll try to be somewhat active, but I'm still working around the whole moving bit :p

Septimus likes this.