1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Turned on only by my girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Spidey2Dope, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

I just wanted to know if this is normal or not. I've been in a relationship with this girl now for the past 3 months and I've been doing nofap for a week now. It seems that I can only get turned on and be in the mood when she is with me. When she is not around I feel "dead down there" but when we get together and get intimate things come alive below the belt if you will. It's been this way for the whole time. It's just weird to me because prior to being with her I would get in the mood and PMO but not MO because I think my addiction got so bad I can only be stimulated by sight and not by touch alone. I was wondering if this is normal and some sort of flatline because I can only get excited when I'm with her. It's a good thing because it helps me not PMO and I'm doing nofap because when I was with her I had ED issues in the beginning due to my PMO habits. I love this girl to death and worship her. I feel like she is the one. Again is this normal and am I in a flatline because she is the only thing that can light my fire (RIP Jim Morrison lol).

2. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

That sounds like a very good thing. What's the problem?

I don't think it sounds like flatline.

GentleBeast and KingRecover17 like this.
  3. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Not really a bad thing, just thought it to be strange I have no libido unless I'm with my girlfriend. Or unless I see a trigger on the Internet

4. Pirlo23

Pirlo23 Fapstronaut

It does sound like the flatline, I have the same thing. I'm on day 45 (although I had sex four days ago).

5. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Well it's reassuring that we can have sex during a flatline

6. Pirlo23

Pirlo23 Fapstronaut

The flatline affects you in a way you dont get turned on by artificial things like pictures or video or thoughts, but by contact with real people. Its a part of rebooting and it helps bring the urges down. It has helped me get through this. I think after you have past 30 or 40 days sex is a good thing, you enjoy it much more and its a way to rewire.

ThenaturalLight likes this.
  7. ThenaturalLight

ThenaturalLight New Fapstronaut

To be honest, that sounds like something I would love to have. Now, I am only on day 2 of my first go around, but I am waiting for the day that she is the only person that can get me going. I think a good girl deserves a man like that and it will make things better/easier in the end too.

8. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Lol yeah. It's kinda cool. I've told her about it and she thought it was pretty sweet

Foxtrot12 and Phunkie like this.