1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

UFC 205

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Son_of_Iroquois, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Son_of_Iroquois

Son_of_Iroquois Fapstronaut

Anyone looking forward to this?
    Fucking badass card...Gonna be awesome...

My picks for the title matches:
    • Alvarez
    • Woodley
    • Jędrzejczyk

2. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Dude I'm a huge UFC fan. My favorite is actually Connor McGregor and I hope he makes history by attaining 2 belts simultaneously. Woodley, in my opinion, is a beast. I don't think he should be in that division because he looks so huge. I don't know the last guy, but it's gonna be a crazy night. Looking forward to it.

3. Son_of_Iroquois

McGregor - Alvarez will be awesome. Alvarez is like Nate Diaz in a lot of ways: badass ground game, never say die mentality - he's going to test McGregor for sure.

You're right, Woodley is a beast. Dude is lightning fast and wields ungodly power in his right hand. But Wonderboy is like a character out of Blood Sport - champion kick boxer. He can KO guys with kicks from out of nowhere.

The first title fight will probably be the most fun, IMO. It's the women's straw-weight title bout between Joanna Jędrzejczyk and Karolina Kowalkiewicz, both Polish women. Joanna Jędrzejczyk is one mean girl, I enjoy watching her fights as she is tough as nails, and like all true champions takes fighting very personally.

Namekian23 likes this.
  4. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Wow you know more about UFC than I do man lol

5. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

what time does punk fight

6. Son_of_Iroquois

8:30 PM but not until UFC 407

7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Ha ha. Wait, you're joking, right?

8. Son_of_Iroquois

Haha...not really man. CM Punk's big draw was that he came from the WWE and went straight into the UFC. It was kind of a freak fight, an experimental money maker for the UFC. Can this guy with no real MMA background compete with top level martial artists? What will happen? Well, we found out. CM Punk got his ass absolutely handed to him within the first 3 minutes of the first round by 24 year old Mickey Gall. What can Punk really do at this point? Train for another 2 years and then get his ass beat again? He's done. There is no way forward for him.

9. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Agreed (unfortunately.)

Perhaps he'll at least go for a couple of amateur fights? That's what Dana suggested.

10. Son_of_Iroquois

Sure. He'll probably get beaten there though, to be fair. He's 36 years old and has only 2 years of MMA training. But the reality is that's where he will stay. It would be like any random 36 year old with a good level of physical fitness trying to get into the NFL or NBA. It just ain't gonna happen. Top level athletes who compete at the professional level have been on that path since their teenage years at least. They are the survivors of a brutal process of natural selection which weeds out all but the strongest of competitors. Sure, it makes for good entertainment having a 36 year old try and come in the UFC and be successful, but the decades of work just isn't there.

But Mickey Gall is one to watch. Brown belt in BJJ at 24, solid striking. I want to see how far he goes.

11. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Punk's decades of work are there - just the wrong kind of work, of course.

I know little to nothing about fighting -- used to be a major follower of the WWE -- but Mickey seems great!

(Do note, however, that everyone seems "great!" to me because I'm an absolutely colossal pussy. :rolleyes:)

Son_of_Iroquois likes this.
  12. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

McGregor fucked up his opponent, right? Two belts now?

13. Son_of_Iroquois

that shit was nasty...four punch combo. time to sleep...

14. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Good thing UFC is fake. :rolleyes: jk