1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unconditional Love

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Is it true? I feel that the only kind is parents love to their children.
    I maybe overgeneralize but I feel like women are looking for the one who'll serve thier interests most efficiently. In order to preserve the deriatives and all and all... So if I see myself as a person who tries to bring harmony and choose the common good, I'll be in a constant conflict because I won't be able to choose what's best for my partner in every situation. And follow that logic, I might end up alone.
    There's also the test of assertiveness when your girl is argues against you to see who you defende your interests so she'll be sure you'll do the same for her.
    Of course it's not all so deterministic but I find myself thinking about it for a while.

2. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

I know for sure that if I will argue with my man it's to defend my point, not to supposedly test his ability to protect my benefits or well-being. There is no one in the whole world, who would be able to understand and preserve my interests better than me, that is what I feel sure about.

The situation you describe hardly feels like any form of true partnership, let alone love. I don't think the pre-established idea that your (future) woman will argue just to test your responsiveness will be helpful if you wish to create comprehensiveness between the two of you. There is a variety of reasons people argue in life, whether it's within marriage or in other situations.

As for unconditional love, I never saw any example of it ever in real life. Even the so-called unconditional love of parents is just a illusion in my eyes. Parents aren't saints, they are regular people with their limits and red-lines. Which they won't allow their own children to cross.

3. Having boundaries isn't an act of not-loving, its actually the opposite. It's well known that children feel more loveable within boundaries (in measure of course).
    I define unconditional love as loving someone and expect nothing in return. Most parents will literally do anything to keep their children safe, even in form of anger towards them or hurt other individuals, while the children tend to prioritize their parents after self fulfillment/career/partner/friends...

4. she-dernatinus

Do you think parents wouldn't be able to hate their children. In case those special boundaries are crossed and messed with ?

5. Of course there are abnormals like everything in life. I believe that even if, lets say, queer children is leaving home because his parents didn't except him, they are definitely hurt by him and angry at him but they don't hate him. If you really hate your children then you must really hate yourself because your children are you in other form.

6. she-dernatinus

There are many reasons parents hate their children and vice versa. This situation of queer children leaving home is one of the many possibilities. Parents can also hate their children if they turn up to be failures in life, but they never show it straightforwardly.

Just look at all the mothers who kill their newborn children for the sole reasons they never wanted them in the first place. Or the fathers who abondon their children and partners because they see them as burdensome.

Unconditional love is only an illusion people like to believe in. But the closest form to it in reality is the bound between parents and kids.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    SuperBaowi likes this.