1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unwanted sexual thoughts

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. What do you do to get rid of them?

Auggie likes this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I have a few tactics, like getting away from my immediate situation and distracting myself by undertaking a task involving my hands and my mind but the most effective tactic I have found is to sit quietly and ask the Holy Spirit to do combat with the temptation for me. He knows what I am thinking anyway, so I describe to Him, with complete honesty, what is tempting me and invariably He shows me the artificiality and falseness of the attraction. I remain in prayer with Him until I sense the temptation is gone. Generally, this only takes a few moments but occasionally it takes more than that. Nevertheless, the time is always well spent and freedom is worth any price.

There is a devout contributor to this forum @Mr Eko who has posted a threat entitled "7 Years Free, My Catholic Method". I highly recommend reading his words. Prayer is also the basis of his method.

May God bless your efforts with His grace today.

Auggie, Edson1997 and Mara43 like this.
  3. Thank you for answering!
    I will read, thank you.
    Amen!!

Auggie likes this.
  4. When tempted with unwanted sexual thoughts I will, with Gods grace, try to flee whatever situation or circumstances that are causing it. If that’s not possible or there’s nothing proximate, I will invoke prayers during time of temptations.

The Our Father.
    The Hail Mary.

Short prayers like:
    • Precious Blood of Jesus, wash over me and protect me.
    • Stay with me, Lord.
    • Without your help and grace, Lord, I will betray you.
    • Eternal Father, I offer you the wounds of Your Son, Jesus Christ, to heal the wounds of our souls.

Some other prayers, given by Fr. Ripperger and exorcist, such as binding prayers, have also be extremely helpful:

Simple Binding Prayer

In the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ and by the power of His Most Precious Blood, I bind, I chain, and I silence any demon(s) of “___________” and I send them to the foot of the Cross for Jesus Christ to do with as He wills.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. (3X)

(“___________” is any emotion, passion, vice, condition, or disposition. (No proper names should be used.))

Prayer of Appropriation and Disappropriation

Lord Jesus Christ, if “THIS” is from You, I accept it for the reparation of my sins and the sins of others, all to Your Glory. Lord Jesus Christ, if “THIS” is not from You, I send it back to where it came from and attach a blessing to it, all to Your Glory.

In the Name of The Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen. (3X)

*(“THIS” is whatever is disturbing, distressing, plaguing, oppressing, obsessing, tormenting, bothering, irritating one spiritually, mentally, physically, and/or emotionally.)

++++++

Other times, during temptation, I’ll try to imagine myself with Jesus; either holding his hand while He’s in the garden of olives, during is scourging, or in other moments of his passion. Other times I’ll try to imagine myself in the stable holding the infant Jesus in my arms while sitting next to Mary and Joseph.

If temptations persist then I ask Jesus for the grace to carry that cross out of love for Him and to just give me His grace.

Lastly, I will try making a spiritual communion or read a chapter of scripture as I think these are some incredibly effective means of fighting temptations.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2023
  5. Wow! What a treasure of prayers! Thank you :)
    Really opportune because temptations persist

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  6. Thank you very much for recommend, I've reading something and it's great!

CPilot likes this.