Valentine's day is tomorrow and I'm still single

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by TheLoneWolf88, Feb 13, 2022.

1. TheLoneWolf88

TheLoneWolf88 Fapstronaut

It will be my 33rd Valentines day alone. Been torn up about it since Friday. On top of stress of being a virgin and single for almost a decade, surely you can believe this really hurts.

HarborBay567 and The Evangelist like this.
  2. TheLoneWolf88

I don't see other women as potential dates. I keep beating myself up as I've passed up every opportunity that I had. This post is purely out of regret of myself

Ghost79 likes this.
  3. TheLoneWolf88

I had to look up incel. How does this make me hostile towards women?

4. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

The day was no picnic for St. Valentine either, who was an imprisoned, tortured, celibate priest, who was martyred for his charity and beliefs. If we learn anything from recovery/addictions, why must everything be about our self-comfort, self-pleasure, self-inconvenience, need for love, need for romance, need for me, me, me to receive, receive, receive. Maybe spend the day (or week) being kind to others, doing something generous for a stranger, forgiving or showing compassion to an enemy, attempting to love someone else in need - often someone in our own families, often the poorest and bereft places of all. Then, you'll know the true meaning of love, which expects nothing in return except God's grace, and then you will have celebrated Valentine's Day most worthily. Best wishes!

5. TheLoneWolf88

You have no idea how much I want to. Maybe even Keanu Reeves-like. But my whole life has been a train wreck just waiting for happiness to come my way

6. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

As a wise man once said, "Where there is no love, put love, and thereby draw out love." You need to take the initiative and make the first move, then, and plant many seeds of love and kindness. That is what a man does. This is not beyond anyone, really.

ReclaimingMe likes this.
  7. mjs0344

mjs0344 Fapstronaut

35th one for me. I feel ya man.

Will probably just work for a bit, read and then fall asleep watching a movie by myself.

At least I work from home so I won't have to see all the couples walking around together outside.

The Evangelist likes this.
  8. TheLoneWolf88

Valentine's day has come and gone and it didn't go as badly as I was expecting. Took to the gym after work to channel my frustrations. All is good now

9. TheLoneWolf88

I might be an incel, but I've only ever blamed myself. Living with my mom all my life has destroyed my self esteem and my confidence.

Abel100% likes this.
  10. TheLoneWolf88

My mom never lets me grow up. She doesn't trust me with anything. She threatened to seize control of my finances because she doesn't like what I spend MY hard earned money on. Anytime I try to stand up for myself, she takes it the wrong way, even if I'm being as polite as possible. I'm the youngest of her 3 kids so she keeps babying me

11. Valentine’s Day is a Hallmark Holiday it’s not a legit day to celebrate. It’s just a money maker holiday for society so they can make business. It’s aimed at couples to spend money on the significant other. Me and my partner decided not to celebrate it at all this year.

But I’ve had many single V days. About 28 to be exact being single. Know exactly how you feel brother. I’ve even had relationships cease right before the day so I don’t enjoy it in general.

12. TheLoneWolf88

I fully understand it's a cash cow, but what sets me off about it is because people make it such a big deal out of it. Everyone is all lovey dovey and here I am with no one

Re-Life2010 likes this.
  13. It’s over rated my friend. Don’t feel so alone because you still have love to your self. It’s not hurt, drained, neither damaged. Your focusing on the down side of the day of being alone. But actually you aren’t because you have your self and your integrity.

14. TheLoneWolf88

I'm not worried about it now. It's just when the day draws closer, I get irritated

15. So what stops you from getting a date?

16. TheLoneWolf88

Living at home, no motivation nor self esteem due to my mother gaslighting me, social awkwardness, autism, zero skill to do it in the real world so I wait for women to make the move, the nagging thought that I'm still a virgin at my age, and plus I probably still 'stink' of loneliness. I'm basically damaged goods

17. IMHO the only thing that truly stops you in that list is waiting for women to make the first move.

Ask yourself if you can handle being rejected for a while.

18. TheLoneWolf88

The thing is, I never know what to say. I'm not afraid of rejection. Countless women on OKCupid do that to me...or ghost me. I'm trying to do what my friends tell me: focus on your life and love will find you

19. What you say is easy. Ask her questions, talk to her ABOUT her. Show as much interest in her as you can. It will seem like it doesn't work for a while.

20. TheLoneWolf88

You know, my dad told me to do that years ago, never worked

Happy Man likes this.