1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

We all have a meaning in life.

lalala

1. FocusIsLove

FocusIsLove Fapstronaut

So long as we have breath our life has meaning. We are created with reason. Surely the Creator, our source, has something for us in every moment. For me, and I would hope for all, the chiefest meaning is the pursuit of love;both to give and receive. There are many lessons in that, and fully learning what love is is the journey of a lifetime.

Life comes with lessons that expand our idea of what love might be and challenge us. Tough love vs enabling, letting go of people we love because we know it's the best for both vs enduring conflict for the sake of love, knowing when to give distance when we want to pull close, vs when to step in when we want to push away. Challenging ourselves to take part in these lessons, facing our fears and inhibitions takes us through deep inner journeys that force us to learn about ourselves and the ones we love.

How hard it is to love the self, and how much harder it is to love others. Some say one can not love others more than you love yourself, which to me seems true to a large extent, but it can be easier to love oneself if we learn to love others. Something to learn to balance.

All, or at least most of us are here because of our struggle with addiction, which can hold us back from loving ourselves and others. I just wanted to share something here to give hope to those who feel they are without worth. Discovering meaning in life is a journey, and a like a seed, one doesn't immediately see the effect of the seed's effort. But if given the right place, time, and conditions, it spreads roots, eventually a small shoot will sprout. That shoot may become a mighty tree.

So to those on the journey, keep spreading roots. Nourish yourself by taking root, and with time you will break the surface. Continue and eventually you may become shade for another, or provide food, beauty, or shelter.

God bless.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2024
    Ad09121 likes this.