1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does it mean to be in love?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by seth, Oct 31, 2017.

1. seth

seth Fapstronaut

Fapstronauts! I am curious, to those of you who are happily married or in a satisfying, committed relationship: how do you know when you are in love with your partner?

My thoughts are that it's different for each person, but I'm just curious what different people think.

2. Opportunity For Better

Opportunity For Better Fapstronaut

Love is a combination of liking the other person and making choices that benefit them, even at the expense of yourself.

Note: not all the choices you make in their interest are choices they will like, because giving someone their way all the time is not love.

tennessee likes this.
  3. Love is when you want to kill someone but you don’t.

LetsGetEm likes this.
  4. Love is a byproduct of trust and respect. When people use the term in love, they usually mean lust.

5. Being in love means that you're delusional when you're a man. You know that you're in love, when your balls are put out of commission by your heart hahaha. What I'm trying to say is that you want it to be your brain that does that to your balls. Love is a blissful burden mayn. Every b*tch that glitters isn't always gold, but rather a gold digger.

6. Falling in love is different from actually loving someone.
    Falling in love is just a feeling, actually loving someone requires action.

tennessee likes this.
  7. tennessee

tennessee Fapstronaut

All the most sensible answers
    have already been posted,
    so...