1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What if loneliness is merely being disconnected from your true self?

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by NotSoAverageJoe, Oct 3, 2017.

1. NotSoAverageJoe

NotSoAverageJoe Fapstronaut

Lately I've been feeling a lot better. As though the dark cloud of depression is slowly clearing away, I can see the light.

What does it mean to be lonely? I've been thinking about it a lot lately and realized that it is a state of disconnection with your true self. You can be surrounded by friends and family yet still feel lonely.

If you are really connected and in touch with your true, authentic self, how can you be lonely?

So how do find out who you really are? What does it mean to "just be yourself"? How can you be yourself if you don't even know who you are?

I love this guy, in terms of information about addiction, Gabor Mate is awesome.

Royce likes this.
  2. I agree that being disconnected from your true self does lead one to feel lonely when you’re surrounded by people who love and care for you. The difficult part is discovering who that person is when you have display what you preceived others wanted to see for years to the point that you do not know who your true self is. That is my struggle and one of the underlying factors to my depression and anxiety. It’s sad that I do not know who my true self really is.