What is your opinion on long distance relationships?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Roffelaar, May 19, 2022.

1. Roffelaar

Roffelaar Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

Just wondering what you guys think about long distance relationships. Have you been in one? How did it go? Why did it not work out or how did you make it work out?

I am in one right now since about a year, but really have my doubts. It's going alright and we really like eachother still when we see eachother, we both do really well in life, have our shit together and we even have future goals/plans etc but the distance bores me.

2. mondays_suck

mondays_suck Fapstronaut

All my thoughts on the topic in 1 song

I don't know. Only with technology we now have are we able to keep real-time connection with someone as far as the other side of the damn planet. The question is - were we ready for it as a species.

All we had through millenia was either face to face or letters, which were so special to receive that they only strenghened the bond to the memories which were being carefully shelved in the mind, to carry on living in the absence of someone. Now those videocalls or what not really have to be QUALITY time, in order to battle the inevitably coming association of one's love with the artificial, because no long term storage is taking place, what was once treasured can come off as dull.

If you really have common goals at the end of the road and if you'll see each other personally in some reasonable time then sure, it's viable. Don't get me wrong it will be draining, but you can pull through.

3. MarioCorrelos

MarioCorrelos Fapstronaut

I started my relationship with my girlfriend as a long distance one. We lived in different cities (close cities, truth be told, one and a half hour drive).

For the first year and a half our dynamics were to see each other in the weekends and in holidays. And in the middle of all that, the pandemic, which in my country forced us not to leave our place of residence.

But we made it through it all, we both wanted to make it work and we trusted that the other one would do it right. Now we live together.

If you want my opinion, one of you must be willing to move to the other one's city. If both of you have stable jobs and lives, it will be pretty difficult for the relationship to move forward.

koolpal and MellotronScratch like this.