1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What kind of sports suit me?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by becomingreat, Jun 5, 2021.

1. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

My main purpose is to restore my self-confidence.

I want to feel strong, maybe a little intimidating only to prevent possible future frictions, fights, bullies...

I'd like to have confidence that I'm able to defend myself and attack if nessesary.

I'm in doubt between martial arts(kung fu maybe?) and hitting gym(body-building)

I guess both fulfill my main purpose of feeling confidence and strength,yet I'd like to get your opinion and advice too since I almost never have exersised seriously and don't know what sport fulfill which purpose.

2. Confidence can be increased through fighting prowess and muscles but true confidence comes from knowing and loving yourself, if you want a good martial arts try karate or taekwondo, karate is more grounded and taekwondo is more balancing with kicks.

becomingreat likes this.
  3. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Rugby, Jui Jutsu, something based.

4. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

5. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

First of all thanks for your comments. Good to get advice
    But Guys I forgot to say I got slight injuries. In shoulder and knee. I'm not comfortable throwing punches as there is an anomaly in the shoulder tendon( Restrictions in movement). Knee gets hurt after lengthy walks( I think its inflammatory)

Am I still able to do martial arts? Or is it better to lift light weights and make the muscles stronger first?

6. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

You want to tell what that means? Also why not kung fu? I'm not sure if jujitsu is practiced in my place