1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your jam?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Zoran Tomic, Aug 21, 2016.

1. youngweef

youngweef Fapstronaut

I used to losten to korn ALOT back in the day,and not just 1-2 albums, i mean almost all of them with the exception of korn 3 and follow the leader. The raw vocals and hip hop themes in certain songs really drew me in, along with the dark lyrics that made me feel like theres someone out there that understands the kind of shit I feel. Dont get me wrong,korn will always have that special place in my heart, but it just seems like the the instrumental side of their music is the only thing that changes, meanwhile,john davis regurgitates the same old lyrical themes, which is hate,blame,sorrow and pain which got really old after a while. I heard one of the singles from their new album and I couldnt help but to roll my eyes at some of the lyrics. Sure, I sympathize with John,he had a hard life growing up, but the dude makes millions of dollars now and is a huge influential nu metal band that will go down in music history. There are people that go through worst that have to wake up and go to their shitty 9-5 jobs only making 7.25 an hour,so I honestly think john needs to suck it up and write about something else for a change.

Im not trying to be an asshole but korn is a band I enjoy so I get kind of passionate about where they stand in my book

2. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Linkin park - in the end
    This song has been in my life for as long as I can remember. It's lyrics really highlight everyones struggles.

3. Didn't think you were trying to be.

We're all entitled to whatever music we wanna listen to. I haven't listened to a Korn album in over 15 years, not since middle school lol. This new one seems special though or so I've read metalinjection.net/upcoming-releases/jonathan-davis-says-the-new-korn-album-is-in-the-same-vein-as-untouchables

Anyways I'm not a Korn fan by any means. Probably will listen to it for a week then be done.

4. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Starship - we built this city

This will get anyone movin'
    Plus gotta love the cutting edge CGI

5. Last jam here then I'm out:

YO, unless you been through war blood, QUIT STRESSIN, try meditatin, tai chi, or yoga dawg.

O Thou Who Would’st Teach!

O thou who would’st teach men of Truth!
    Hast thou passed through the desert of doubt?
    Art thou purged by the fires of sorrow? hath ruth
    The fiends of opinion cast out
    Of thy human heart? Is thy soul so fair
    That no false thought can ever harbor there?

O thou who would’st teach men of Love!
    Hast thou passed through the place of despair?
    Hast thou wept through the dark night of grief?
    Does it move (Now freed from its sorrow and care)
    Thy human heart to pitying gentleness,
    Looking on wrong, and hate, and ceaseless stress?

O thou who would’st teach men of Peace!
    Hast thou crossed the wide ocean of strife?
    Hast thou found on the Shores of the Silence, release
    From all the wild unrest of life?
    From thy human heart hath all striving gone,
    Leaving but Truth, and Love, and Peace alone?

- See more at: http://www.jamesallenlibrary.com/au.../thou-who-would-st-teach#sthash.DLW6YkxG.dpuf

6. YAS!

Star Lord likes this.
  7. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Rush - spirit of the radio