1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you find likeminded people in real life?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Liminal, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Liminal

Liminal Fapstronaut

I’ve been changing my life for the last two years, went from being depressed and undisciplined to being way more serene and calm, I still am far from achieving all my ideal goals but I’ve found that I don’t relate to my friends anymore.

They’re either highly hedonistic and superficial, or always texting and on social media, not present when I’m with them, which isn’t often anymore anyway. I don’t share any more hobbies with them anymore nor fulfilling topics to talk about.

It’s not too much of a problem since I’ve grown more serene and self contained during these last couple of years, hence I don’t feel the need to fill myself with external people and things to be fulfilled, which is something I’ve found to be quite freeing and calming, so if I don’t find new friends I won’t be affected negatively.

However what if I wanted to find people who I can grow together with and share my experiences with during this journey? In what places would it be possible to find people who love themselves and not their addictions and vices? Where do you find people who aren’t slaves to idols and illusions but actually seek freedom and the serenity that comes from such human freedom?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    NaturesRedCarpet likes this.
  2. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

hobbies and work, find things that you enjoy and share your values

3. Zack Naser

Zack Naser Fapstronaut

I never expected to find someone with the same idea, about myself, I spent a year and a half looking for them everywhere, even on social media, I did not find them yet, but I found people like them a little, I found them in the library < They are not what I wanted but they are okay until I find them The people I am looking for (they are as rare as diamond , if you find them, hold on to them and do not leave them), and if they are interactive, you may also make me a friend with you on WhatsApp, for example, or Telegram

4. NaturesRedCarpet

NaturesRedCarpet Fapstronaut

Bloody good question. My questions too you are .... where do you find yourself? Are your perceptions of places stopping you from interacting?

My answer is: Live in the spaces (environments) you love, if music plays your heart spend time at events and musical gatherings, if you climb rocks then find fellow adventurers to explore the world with, it sounds like a game, that's because it is.... I hope this helped and I trust you will find the answers you are looking for, within and through experience.