Who is the best director and why is it David Lynch?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BugsBunny555, Jun 28, 2021.

1. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

bUt TeH mAkE nO sEnSe

Uh actually they do. You have to have a high IQ like me in order to understand the tragedy behind Mulholland Drive, wait is that movie about trafficking? (Wait what does Mulholland Drive have to do with the Roman Polanski film China Town, weird doood)

Twin Peaks, thriller, good horrorshow! Reveals the real truth about satanic elite.

David Lynch is based af and I don't need to elaborate why, other than he uses human bunnies in Inland Empire! I'm a YUGE bugs bunny fan, but that's unrelated.

Lost Highway? Is that themes of represses anger and the "jungian thing" I see?

Great movies. Great director. All the best movies make no sense, give em a watch.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  2. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Inland empire is seriously the masterpiece of the 2000s.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  3. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

90s-2000s cinematography is superior to new age crap.

No CGI, no filters. Gritty, real, good story telling.

Simple as.

gordie likes this.
  4. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

It also stands in perfect opposition to the shiny techno marvel capeshit. The indie movie market pretty much tanked in the late 2000s after there will be blood and no country for old men. And Inland Empire is so starkly bizarre by all ordinary measures, then as much as it is now, as a piece of art and a movie. The non-linear storytelling and dreamlike logic of it. It’s not an ordinary movie and never will be.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  5. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Facts. David Lynch is a genius, highly envy his story telling ability.

As Martin Scorcesse said in reference to marvel movies, "They aren't rela movies."

They're really military recruitment propos.

gordie likes this.