1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why did I masturbate so often?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Deleted Account, Aug 2, 2019.

1. I made up my mind, there were many very different causes for me to masturbate. The different causes led me to do it at different times. On my way to get free from masturbation I recognized, that I had to find different ways to respond to, fitting to the respective cause. I found out these causes. Maybe there are some more (I´d apperciate your additions...).
    • Fear of missing out something
    • beeing used to it
    • feeling bored/angry, being sleepless
    • good feeling that it makes
    • giving in to "urges"
    The first three causes are no valid causes. I´m currently working hard on overcoming them. Knowing them is required therefore.
    The fourth cause is harder to get under control. I weigh up these short term good feelings against the long term good feelings of being MO-free. Long term wins, ut still short term can be very tempting.
    The last one is the most tricky one. These "urges" can switch off the rational brain. In that case I´m doing something I know I´ll regret later but I hardly find a way to stop me from doing this.

Boanerges777 likes this.
  2. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut

Read a book called bliss of the celibate

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Do you know, is this available online?

Boanerges777 likes this.
  4. Boanerges777

Boanerges777 Fapstronaut