1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why do I believe in God?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

OK I'm not a perfect Christian and must admit that in times of trial, sometimes or most of the time I doubt the existence of God or is it really possible that God exist. Christ exists in Salvation history, and that alone is enough concrete evidence to believed in God yet sometimes the unbeliever part of me still question His very existence which I'm always sorry for. So here the story goes, once I was browsing my Facebook newsfeed before and saw something a man speaking about his disbelief in God. He said, he was an atheist and didn't need God, and that he was successful and everything even without God. So OK, I just want to ask people now, before one can achieve success, one must meet his basic needs first right like food, water, etc. before achieving something more. And who provided the food? God. God said he'll provide our needs for He is the Greatest Provider. And yep it's true He did that through nature's supplementation of our daily needs. Yes, we work hard for the food that we eat yet if nature doesn't exist then where will we get our food? It's like saying I don't need God cuz I can produce my own food, like "let there be food on my table and there's food." "Let there be water in the pitcher and there's water." Like it works like my magic, in a snap of our fingers we have what we need, no it doesn't work that way, for the truth is we will always need God and without Him we're unable. So for me, the Bible speaks the Universal Truth and I can testify to that not because of concrete evidences gathered by people to prove its validity but by experiencing the truths it is speaking about. The more we observe our surroundings the more we see God, the more we listen to God, the more that we hear Him. I hope I shed a little light to some unbelievers. God bless everyone.

2. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Yes..i always say, god is a concept beyond our human comprehension.

3. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

I know a lot of people try and comprehend God, but what, we will never really understand God's mysterious ways.

The_Monk likes this.
  4. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

True..

5. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

Hebrews 11:1 faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

All Christians doubt at times. I find that consistent scripture study and prayer keep me on track. Not simply reading the scripture, but really getting into passages and figuring out all the contextual and linguistic details that really make the passage come to life.

Whenever I take the time to appreciate the basics - food, water, air, shelter - this is when I remember my dependence on God. This brings about humility, which allows me to be more receptive to the Holy Spirit and God's word. Its always my pride that brings about the doubts.

Flyhigh likes this.
  6. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Amen. :)

Spiff likes this.