Women retain lovers DNA in brain forever?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Addictus, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Addictus

Addictus Fapstronaut

https://neonnettle.com/news/4209-wo...y-man-they-ve-ever-made-love-with-study-finds
    According to this study when men’s DNA enters the women their DNA can be found inside the women’s brain for the rest of their life.
    Personally I hope this isn’t true because my wife was kinda promiscuous before we married and the thought that my children may also inherit all her past lovers DNA (according to other studies on this matter) makes me very uncomfortable.
    Thoughts?

im_done likes this.
  2. DefendMyHeart

DefendMyHeart Fapstronaut

It isnt true. If you actually follow this reporting back to the study they are referencing it is about how male DNA was found in the brains of elderly women who had given birth to boys. Since the mother and child share blood, and if the baby is a boy, the DNA from the boy eventually is able to cross the blood brain barrier and accumulate in the mothers brain.

Woman are physically incapable of absorbing semen. Our bodies are designed to attack anything foreign and the vaginal canal is a very hostile place for sperm to survive in. So, to answer your question, no. Women don't absorb the DNA from sexual partners

Psalm27:1my light likes this.
  3. Addictus

Addictus Fapstronaut

They mentioned that but it it states that doesn’t explain why it was found in women who didn’t borne males and who had no brothers as well. The only explanation they can come up with is that the DNA came from previous lovers.

4. DefendMyHeart

Are you referring to the original study or to the article you posted?

5. im_done

im_done Fapstronaut

Current science says telegony isn't exhibited in humans but im not betting on it

6. DefendMyHeart

Here is the study if you would like to read it

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3458919/

7. It is Finished

It is Finished Fapstronaut

Lol.. don’t know about that. Semen isn’t exactly a foreign substance to a female vagina.

DukeNukem likes this.
  8. DefendMyHeart

Are you being sarcastic?

FX-05 likes this.
  9. It is Finished

Not sure what you mean by that. I meant what I said literally.

10. DefendMyHeart

It doesn't say anything about past lovers being part of the hypothesis. It is very specific about it being passed through blood in some form or fashion.

Unless lovers giving each other blood transfusions is a thing, there's no chance of the DNA being accumulated in anyone's bodies.

11. DefendMyHeart

We do know little, that is true. But speaking as a woman, I can say with great certainty that the female body does not keep semen in the body for longer than 7 days. That our bodies go through a "clean out" after having sex to get rid of it because it isn't part of us.

12. Addictus

Addictus Fapstronaut

Literally the whole idea just gives me the willies…
    The internet if packed with shit about this subject.

13. It is Finished

Not sure how you can say that with great certainty. Just because humans eat food and excrete a portion of it out later, doesn’t mean nothing was absorbed in the process. Toxic substances can absorb through the skin.. the body doesn’t just get to choose what absorbs and what doesn’t. If a toxic substance is absorbed through the skin, then yes the body will work to get rid of it through detoxification. But it’s initial absorption can only be mitigated by avoiding the contact to begin with.

DukeNukem and Addictus like this.
  14. DefendMyHeart

There are things from semen that temporarily inhibit the female body from invoking an immune response for the purpose of procreating, but the female body is very selective on what is taken in and what isn't. This same inhibition process takes place during pregnancy so the woman is able to carry a child.

The woman absorbs DNA from the child because of the shared blood. There is no shared blood with semen.

There's even studies out there that show men can become allergic to their own semen if it comes in contact with their blood. If semen persisted in the woman, it would cause an allergic response once the inhibited response is halted.

These are things we know now.

15. DefendMyHeart

Exactly. What would be the purpose?

MindfulWarrior likes this.
  16. It is Finished

Again, if there is contact, there is absorption. If you get gasoline on your hands, you just absorbed a toxic substance and have now burdened your liver. If you put gasoline up your vagina it’s not going to be any different and probably much worse. The same goes with semen. To be clear I’m not arguing for or against DNA being transmitted, but components of semen will definitely be absorbed.

Becoming allergic to your semen because of blood contact would all depend how it got there. If it was absorbed through the skin, highly unliked. If it was injected, then yes most definitely an immune response will occur.

17. wicket

wicket Fapstronaut

I better start reading Casanova and Don Juan I have a woman here she isn't easy but we live together now endless chances