1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

You Can Quit

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

I believed for a very long time that I could not quit. Part of the challenge was “I was never taught to fight temptation using Jesus model.” I was taught to pray, pray, and pray. Of course, prayer is vital to prepare for temptation, but without using scripture to fight off direct temptation, quitting may take years, or never happen.

But with scripture, we can fight off direct temptation. This fact tells us “We never have to give in.” We can always fight off temptation with key verses.

So is prayer less important? No! It is vital to spend a block of time in prayer. It also lowers temptation to learn short lust-fighting prayers that you can pray throughout the day. We must substitute lustful thoughts with prayers whenever bad thoughts start popping up.

Second, if we don't prepare properly for temptation with prayer, we may not bother to fight direct temptation with key verses. In that case, you lose before you even have a chance to fight.

But if we prepare for temptation thoroughly, with prayer, and then fight direct temptation with key verses, the battle will be won.

Never say, “I can't quit.” Instead, say, “I didn't do what I needed to do to quit.”

Just as importantly, we “must” believe that God wants to do something great through us. Consider praying:

“Father, do You want to do something great through me?”

If you don't believe this, pray this prayer twice daily until He shows you that He wants to do something great through you. But do realize, He will only do something small through you first while you are cleaning up your act. But if you keep at it, your life will become great.

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

If you can't quit, there is a reason why. If you don't know the reason why, repent, then ask God why.

People say, “I can't stop sinning, no one can.” My brother loves to say, “Which sin can't you stop commiting?” His point is, that we can stop lust for an hour, 5 hours, maybe 5 days. If we can stop for 5 days, we can stop for 5 years.

The million-dollar question is... Are you willing to copy Jesus' example of how to fight temptation for a full 5 years straight?

Second, satan will harass you. If he does it too much, pray that Jesus' blood will cover you. Pray that it will cover your room. Pray that it will cover your life. Satan hates it when we think about the cross and pray about the blood Jesus shed for us.

Remember... satan is ripping into you with temptation, when you fully repent and pray about Jesus' blood you are ripping into him. He does not like that at all. But please, fully repent before you use this technique.

Third, you can quit when you are confident that you will have light, joy, and purpose in your life. If you read a bunch of my articles you will see, there are a lot of things we need to do to quit. It is important to want and to believe that you will have light, joy, and purpose in your life when you declare WWIII on lust. It is important to fully believe while you are trying to quit that great things will happen because of quitting. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Finally, believe, go to war daily, and consider praying:

“Father, please show me why I can't quit.”

Sooner or later, He will make it clear to you what the problem is.